c/5 diagonal is a diagonal speed that is equivalent to one fifth of the speed of light.
The first c/5 diagonal spaceship to be discovered was 295P5H1V1 and was found by Jason Summers on November 22, 2000. No other spaceships of this speed were discovered until January 8, 2005, when Jason summers found the much smaller 86P5H1V1. In July 2006 Nicolay Beluchenko discovered three new c/5 diagonal spaceships, including the asymmetric 67P5H1V1. The smallest known c/5 diagonal spaceship, 58P5H1V1, was discovered by Matthias Merzenich on September 5, 2010.
A period-1540 glide-symmetric three-ship puffer was discovered by Peter Naszvadi in March 2020, shown to the right.
- c/5 orthogonal
- List of important speeds
- List of spaceships with speed c/5
- List of puffers with speed c/5
- Jason Summers' jslife pattern collection.
- Heinrich Koenig (July 15, 2006). "New c/5 Diagonal Spaceships". Game of Life News.
- Adam P. Goucher (January 26, 2011). "New c/5 diagonal technology". Game of Life News.
- AforAmpere (March 26, 2020). Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Tanner Jacobi (April 2, 2020). Re: Small Spaceship Syntheses (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Goldtiger997 (April 3, 2020). Re: Small Spaceship Syntheses (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Peter Naszvadi (March 27, 2020). Re: Thread For Your Useless Discoveries (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums