Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:29, 12 April 2019 by Dvgrn (move /editcopy item on LifeViewer to CurrentNews, now that triangular neighborhoods are out of beta)
- Apr. 6-7: LifeViewer standardizes support for triangular neighbourhoods starting with Build 320.
- Apr. 5: An exhaustive computer search run by Nathaniel Johnston reveals that there are 14,223,867,298 strict and 15,851,861,075 pseudo 33-bit still lifes, including eleven pseudo still lifes that can be partitioned into three stable pieces but not two, and none that can be partitioned into four stable pieces but not two or three.
- Mar. 27: The last remaining 14-bit still life, xs14_4ai3zwo9a4, appears in a C1 soup on Catagolue, in a haul submitted by an anonymous user.
- Mar. 24: apgsearch v5.03 gains the ability to log 'megasized' soups with final populations exceeding 3,000. apgsearch 5.x can also pre-process asymmetric C1 B3/S23 soups on GPUs with CUDA support.
- Mar. 7: A spider synthesis using 574 gliders and 9 LWSSes is found by Martin Grant. 
- Mar. 3: A period-120 oscillator, the highest period thus far, occurs from a natural soup on Catagolue.
- Mar. 2: Several symmetric-soup diehards with lifespans over 1500 ticks have been found by 'carybe', using apgsearch..