Jump to navigation Jump to search
- August 15: Update to a previous news item from 21 April 2019 (see archive): all 15-bit still lifes can now be constructed with at most 12 gliders.
- July 16: Dave Greene constructs a large prime oscillator with a period equal to the largest Mersenne prime currently known, 282589933-1.
- June 19: A huge long-term collaborative effort is completed, showing that all glider-constructible still lifes can (at least in theory) be constructed using less than two gliders per bit.
- June 2: Goldtiger997 completes a glider-to-25P3H1V0.2 converter, based on Martin Grant's 25P3H1V0.2 synthesis from 2017.
- May 29: Thomas Cabaret makes available a Passe-Science video featuring self-constructing CA patterns, including several minutes showing details of the 0E0P metacell.
- May 25: Goldtiger997 completes a glider-to-crab converter, with the help of a script implementing a universal glider synchronization toolkit.
- May 24-30: christoph.r posts several unusual breeder designs based on c/10 technology, including some variants on a pufferfish breeder.
- May 9: GilGil makes available a huge but elegant 60-line printer traveling at c/10, based on fleets of fireships.