Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Sep. 9: The 17-in-17 Project is completed, showing that every 17-bit still life can be constructed using at most 16 gliders.
- August 15: Update to a previous news item from 21 April 2019 (see archive): all 15-bit still lifes can now be constructed with at most 12 gliders.
- July 16: Dave Greene constructs a large prime oscillator with a period equal to the largest Mersenne prime currently known, 282589933-1.
- June 19: A huge long-term collaborative effort is completed, showing that all glider-constructible still lifes can (at least in theory) be constructed using less than two gliders per bit.
- June 2: Goldtiger997 completes a glider-to-25P3H1V0.2 converter, based on Martin Grant's 25P3H1V0.2 synthesis from 2017.