|View animated image|
|View static image|
|Number of cells||16|
|Discovered by||George Collins|
|Year of discovery||1970|
The tumbler is the smallest known and first discovered period 14 oscillator and was found by George Collins in 1970. It was the only known period 14 oscillator until the discovery of 44P14 on April 21, 1997.
Tumbler is about the twenty-eighth most common naturally-occurring oscillator in Achim Flammenkamp's census, being less common than octagon 2 and unix but more common than tub test tube baby. On Catagolue, it is the only known period 14 oscillator to have occurred naturally.
In August 2014, Bob Shemyakin found a 6-glider synthesis for a tumbler.
- "Class 2 Objects Catalog". Retrieved on April 11, 2009.
- Achim Flammenkamp (September 7, 2004). "Most seen natural occurring ash objects in Game of Life". Retrieved on January 15, 2009.
- Adam P. Goucher. "Statistics". Catagolue. Retrieved on October 27, 2018.
- "Re: Synthesising Oscillators" (August 16, 2014). Retrieved on May 15, 2019.
- 16P14.1 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs