Jump to navigation Jump to search
|View static image|
|Number of cells||14|
|Bounding box||8 × 7|
|Year of discovery||Unknown|
14P2.4, 14-bit P2 #4 (apgcode xp2_4l1148kgzx302) is a small, unnamed period-2 oscillator.
One name proposed for this pattern is "melting clock".
A 30-glider synthesis for this oscillator was found by Goldtiger997 in 2018.
- See also: List of common oscillators
As of February 2023, this is one of two 14-cell oscillators which are yet to arise naturally from an asymmetric soup on Catagolue, alongside the octapole.
On March 4, 2023, Charity Engine found a C4_4 soup that produces 4 copies of 14P2.4. This is the first occurrence of the oscillator in a soup of any symmetry.
- ↑ xp2_4l1148kgzx302 at Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue
- ↑ Search For Pattern at Mark D. Niemiec's Life Page
- ↑ SquishyBoi (September 15, 2020). Re: Thread For Your Naming Proposals of Unnamed Patterns (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- ↑ Goldtiger997 (March 20, 2019). Re: Synthesising Oscillators (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- ↑ Small Unnatural Objects Watchlist (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- ↑ Matthias Merzenich (March 17, 2023). Re: Soup search results (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- 14P2.19 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs
- 14P2.4 at Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue
- Oscillators with 14 cells
- Periodic objects with minimum population 14
- Patterns with 14 cells
- Patterns that can be constructed with 30 gliders
- Oscillators with period 2
- Oscillators with mod 2
- Oscillators with heat 22
- Oscillators with volatility 0.88
- Oscillators with strict volatility 0.88
- Small unnatural periodic objects
- Unnamed periodic objects