|View animated image|
|View static image|
|Number of cells||38|
|Discovered by||Nicolay Beluchenko|
|Year of discovery||2009|
38P7.2 is an unnamed period-7 oscillator discovered by Nicolay Beluchenko on February 17, 2009. It provides six sparks in generation 4 that are useful in creating non-trivial oscillators of higher periods such as snacker on 38P7.2. A variation of this oscillator can be created by displacing one half of the oscillator by two cells.
- Jason Summers' all-osc pattern collection.
- Adam P. Goucher (March 19, 2016). Re: Soup search results (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- gmc_nxtman (August 13, 2017). "Re: Soup Search Results". Retrieved on August 13, 2017.
- Goldtiger997 (February 12, 2018). Re: Synthesising Oscillators (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- New Oscillators at Game of Life News
- 38P7.2 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs