|View animated image|
|View static image|
|Number of cells||18|
|Bounding box||9 × 9|
|Discovered by||Achim Flammenkamp|
|Year of discovery||1994|
In August 2004 Jason Summers and Mark Niemiec found a 13-glider synthesis of this oscillator. On July 8, 2017, gmc_nxtman reduced the cost to 9 gliders. Chris857 further reduced the cost to 8 gliders on December 31, 2022, with iNoMed posting an alternate 8G synth the same day.
On Catagolue, it is the fifth most common period 8 oscillator, being slightly less common than smiley. It first occurred naturally on August 21, 2015, in a soup submitted to Catagolue by Tanner Jacobi.
- Dean Hickerson's oscillator stamp collection.
- Jason Summers' jslife pattern collection.
- gmc_nxtman (July 8, 2017). Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Chris857 (December 31, 2022). Re: Synthesising Oscillators (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- iNoMed (December 31, 2022). Message in #cgol on the Conwaylife Lounge Discord server
- Adam P. Goucher. "Statistics". Catagolue. Retrieved on October 27, 2018.
- gameoflifeboy (August 21, 2015). Re: Soup search results (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums