Jump to navigation Jump to search
|View static image|
|Pattern type||Strict still life|
|Number of cells||14|
|Discovered by||MIT group|
|Year of discovery||1971|
- For other uses of 'S', see S (disambiguation).
Big S is the twenty-second most common still life in Achim Flammenkamp's census, being less common than snake but more common than bi-pond. It is also the twenty-nineth most common object on Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue.
- "Large S". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on May 2, 2009.
- "S-spiral". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on May 22, 2009.
- "S". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on May 2, 2009.
- Dean Hickerson's oscillator stamp collection. Retrieved on June 18, 2009.
- Achim Flammenkamp (September 7, 2004). "Most seen natural occurring ash objects in Game of Life". Retrieved on March 30, 2010.
- Adam P. Goucher. "Statistics". Catagolue. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Big S at Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue
- The 619 fourteen-bit still-lifes at Mark D. Niemiec's Life Page