|View animated image|
|View static image|
|Number of cells||18|
|Discovered by||Robert Wainwright|
|Year of discovery||1971|
French kiss was one of the best-known oscillators with no known glider synthesis until October 2013, when Martin Grant presented a 23-glider synthesis. BlinkerSpawn found an 18-glider synthesis based on soups identified by Goldtiger997 on January 12, 2017; further improvements were made the same day by Mark Niemiec and Luka Okanishi, yielding 16- and 10-glider synthesis respectively.
- "Eaters plus". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on April 28, 2009.
- Mark D. Niemiec. "Life Objects Sorted by Name (F)". Retrieved on January 9, 2015.
- Martin Grant (October 19, 2013). Re: Synthesising Oscillators (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- BlinkerSpawn (January 12, 2017). Re: Soup search results (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- 18P3.20 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs