|View static image|
|Pattern type||Strict still life|
|Number of cells||14|
|Year of discovery||Unknown|
There is a remarkable reaction where a glider collides with the half-bakery, displacing it by (3,6) and generating another glider in the same direction as the input. The only other known reactions of this type involve stable reflectors, which have a displacement of (0,0), alongside a constellation of three blocks.
| (click above to open LifeViewer)|
RLE: here Plaintext: here
Half-bakery is the eleventh most common still life in Achim Flammenkamp's census, being less common than barge but more common than mango. It is also the fifteenth most common object on Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue.
- Emerson J. Perkins (August 24, 2014). Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Achim Flammenkamp (September 7, 2004). "Most seen natural occurring ash objects in Game of Life". Retrieved on June 6, 2013.
- Adam P. Goucher. "Statistics". Catagolue. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Half-bakery at Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue
- The 619 fourteen-bit still-lifes at Mark D. Niemiec's Life Page