|View animated image|
|View static image|
|Number of cells||26|
|Discovered by||Robert Wainwright|
|Year of discovery||1982|
Heart is a period-5 oscillator that is shown as the sixth pattern in the first row of Jason Summers' main period 5 collection. It was found by Robert Wainwright in January 1982 and independently discovered by David Buckingham on August 15, 1984. A 15-glider synthesis was discovered by Jason Summers in November 2004 for a stator variant of this oscillator in which each side is stabilized by two blocks instead of a tub.
- Dean Hickerson's oscillator stamp collection. Retrieved on March 14, 2020.
- Jason Summers' jslife pattern collection. Retrieved on January 5, 2020.
- Richard Schank (November 27, 2014). Re: Soup search results (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Adam P. Goucher (May 25, 2016). Re: Soup search results (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- 26P5.3 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs