|Created by||Chris Rowett|
LifeViewer is a scriptable pattern viewer and editor used to simulate Life and other Life-like cellular automata, including non-totalistic Life-like cellular automata, 1D totalistic cellular automata, Larger than Life (LtL) rules, Higher-range outer-totalistic (HROT) rules, Generations rules, Alternating rules, MAP rules and [R]History rules. It also supports 2-state Margolus rules and Partitioned cellular automata (PCA) rules. Depending on the rule family it supports Moore, hexagonal, von Neumann, triangular and Circular neighbourhoods and also bounded grids.
- Smooth non-integer zoom and rotation.
- Colour themes with cell history and longevity.
- Square, hexagonal and triangular grid displays.
- Pseudo 3D layers and stars.
- Multiple ways to automatically track patterns with the camera as they evolve.
- Script language that allows many features to be customized including Waypoint animations.
- Support for multiple embedded LifeViewers and/or a single popup LifeViewer.
- Ability to step back to earlier generations for all patterns and reverse playback for reversible Margolus and PCA patterns.
- Random pattern and rule generation.
- Pattern annotation with Labels, Arrows, Lines and Polygons.
- Programatically pasting cells onto the grid at defined intervals (for example: glider injection).
- Identification of oscillator and spaceship periods.
- Automatic scaling for high DPI displays including smartphones and tablets.
- Editor with unlimitied undo/redo and multiple clipboards.
The keyboard shortcuts are shown below:
- LifeViewer - Life simulator in HTML5 (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Pattern viewer for forum threads (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums