|View static image
|Strict still life
|Number of cells
|6 × 6
|Year of discovery
- Main article: List of common still lifes
It is the 71st most common still life on Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue, being less common than loaf siamese loaf but more common than eleven loop. It is the 8th most common still life with 9 cells, being less common than tub with long tail but more than 4 times as common as long hook with tail.
All strict still lifes with a population of 21 or fewer cells, all oscillators with 16 or fewer cells, and all spaceships with 31 or fewer cells are known to be glider-constructible. A glider synthesis of this object can be found in the infobox to the right.
- Long canoe at the Life Lexicon
- Long canoe at Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue
- The 10 nine-bit still-lifes at Mark D. Niemiec's Life Page (download pattern file: 0/9-3.rle)
- 9.7 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs