p4-assisted period-28 glider gun
|p4-assisted period-28 glider gun|
|View static image|
|Number of cells||157|
|Discovered by|| James Pascua|
|Year of discovery||2022|
The p4-assisted period-28 glider gun was found by James Pascua on February 14, 2022. It is the current smallest p28 glider gun, beating out the original design from 2020, and is also the fifth-smallest known gun overall with a unique period as of June 2022. Although its optimal bounding box (35×23) requires it to have only one barrel, the mechanism is rotationally symmetric and can be reconfigured to have two barrels, as shown below.
- James Pascua (February 14, 2022). Re: Gun Discussion Thread (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Adam P. Goucher. "synthesis-costs/gun". Catagolue. Retrieved on June 20, 2022.
- Carson Cheng (June 20, 2022). Re: Gun Discussion Thread (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- iNoMed (June 20, 2022). Message in #cgol on the Conwaylife Lounge Discord server
- iNoMed (June 20, 2022). Re: Execution of Old Guns by Variable-Speed Firing Squad (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums