|View static image|
|Number of cells||187|
|Bounding box||25 × 35|
|Discovered by||Tim Coe|
|Year of discovery||1995|
Spacefiller 2 is a spacefiller that was found by Tim Coe in October 1995 that fills the plane with zebra stripes. In terms of its 187 cells, it was formerly tied with Max as the smallest known spacefiller, but Max has a smaller bounding box: 27 × 27 versus spacefiller 2's 25 × 35. Smaller versions of Max have since improved both the bounding box and population further.
|Spacefiller 2 at generation 60|
- Coe's improvements on the spacefiller at Paul Callahan's Page of Conway's Life Miscellany
- Spacefiller.lif in Alan Hensel's lifebc.zip pattern collection.
- Adam P. Goucher (February 16, 2020). Message in #cgol on the Conwaylife Lounge Discord server
- Mateusz Naściszewski (April 17, 2020). Message in #cgol on the Conwaylife Lounge Discord server
- Rocknlol (November 17, 2021). Small Spacefillers (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums