|View static image|
|Number of cells||36|
|Bounding box||21 × 8|
|Discovered by||Dean Hickerson|
|Year of discovery||1989|
Strictly volatile variant
Additionally, a variant of this oscillator exists which is strictly volatile (i.e. all cells oscillate with period 6 rather than period 2 or 3). A 30-glider synthesis for said variant was found on October 4, 2019 based on a soup submitted to Catagolue, and was reduced to 28 gliders by an anonymous user on February 5, 2022.
|Strictly volatile p6|
(click above to open LifeViewer)
RLE: here Plaintext: here
- Dean Hickerson's oscillator stamp collection. Retrieved on October 19, 2019.
- Ian07 (October 4, 2019). Re: Soup-based syntheses (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Adam P. Goucher (February 5, 2022). "shinjuku (#2058198167)". GitLab. Retrieved on February 20, 2022.
- Ian07 (February 20, 2022). Message in #cgol on the Conwaylife Lounge Discord server
- 36P6.6 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs