|View animated image|
|View static image|
|Number of cells||31|
|Discovered by||Robert Wainwright|
|Year of discovery||1989|
T-nosed p4 is a period-4 oscillator that was found in October 1989 by Robert Wainwright. It can be used as a filter that deletes every other lightweight spaceship in a stream of period 4n + 2. A smaller variant was posted by Tanner Jacobi on December 4, 2017, and a 79-glider synthesis of said variant was found by Jacobi and Mark Niemiec on May 8, 2019. A statorless version is known as well.
- Dean Hickerson's oscillator stamp collection. Retrieved on March 14, 2020.
- "Filter". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on March 15, 2009.
- Tanner Jacobi (December 4, 2017). Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Mark Niemiec (May 8, 2019). Re: Synthesising Oscillators (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- 31P4.1 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs