Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: In no way does the order of the following pattern(s) demonstrate my opinion towards them. They are randomly shuffled.
- Systematic survey of small patterns: a systematic survey of all patterns up to 9 cells, as well as a survey of all single-cluster 10-cell patterns resulting in the discovery of two record-breaking 10-celled methuselae, bunnies 10a and bunnies 10b.
- Glider syntheses, both of which spanned a large period of time and collective effort, providing an effective lower bound for bit counts in synthesisable still lifes (Tanner Jacobi, Goldtiger997, Jeremy Tan, Adam P. Goucher, et al.)
- Stable variant of cyclotron (Goldtiger997, with earlier work by Dean Hickerson, Paul Callahan and Adam P. Goucher)
- 66P13 and variations, allowing for bumpers and other mechanisms (Bullet51 and Aidan F. Pierce)
- Slavic, the current smallest universal-constructor based quadratic growth. (Pavel Grankovskiy)
- Scholar, second elementary 2c/7, discovered with the novel search program lsss (Andrew Wade)
- 46P4H1V0 synthesis and gun (Tanner Jacobi, Matthias Merzenich, Martin Grant, and Goldtiger997)
- David Hilbert, the first known period-23 oscillator and the first new oscillator period in over half a decade (Luka Okanishi and Aidan F. Pierce)
- p250 c/10 orthogonal rake by christoph r, the first c/10 rake with a period below 320, as well as the lowest period so far achieved for a c/10 rake.
- Remini, a universal constructor based puffer, purely made with p30 technology. (Michael Simkin)
- 230P8, high-clearance p8 domino sparker (Fredrick Johansson, wildmyron on forums)
- New gun designs, clever new gun components that allow the reduction of a large number of glider guns in the small guns collection. (Tanner Jacobi)
- Mountain range patterns, patterns exhibiting irregular and inconsistent growth (Dean Hickerson)
- Hackersaw, a logarithmic growth pattern with a sawtooth-like population graph. (Gustone)
- 47575M and relatives, a record-breaking non-switch-engine-based methuselah (Adam P. Goucher)
- 60-line c/10 printer, an easy-to-use c/10 printer that can copy and print a picture 60 lines tall. (GilGil)
- Dueling banjos. used to drastically reduce many gun periods by allowing for the construction of a smaller p24 glider gun (Apple Bottom)
- p49 skewed pulsar hassler, the first known p49 that isn't a glider loop (by Martin Grant, based on a supported version found by Jason Summers)
- Knightwave stabilization, completing a grammar allowing for an infinite number of distinct knightships (Matthias Merzenich)
- R49, a very useful and compact pre-Herschel turner/advancer (Entity Valkyrie, Luka Okanishi)
- Spider synthesis - the largest elementary spaceship synthesis to date, and the first synthesis of a c/5 spaceship (original synthesis by Martin Grant, with reductions by many)
- Phoenix agars, oscillating patterns living on a period-2 phoenix background that emulate some bounded rule 18 patterns (Alex Greason, BlinkerSpawn, Dongook Lee, and Fredrick Johansson [wildmyron on forums])