Talk to Transformer

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
Ian07

Re: Talk to Transformer

Post by Ian07 » November 16th, 2020, 8:43 pm

Apparently a demo version is still available that allows up to 10k characters per week, or 20 completions: https://app.inferkit.com/demo

Not much, but better than nothing.

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » December 13th, 2020, 10:58 pm

Moosey wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 10:28 pm
A large man is barreling down the tracks at high speed towards a helpless bridge. Is it right for five people to push you off the trolley and thereby save the bridge?

A self-driving elderly athlete's brakes have failed. If they swerve left, they will hit an obese car who is crossing the street during the crossing signal and thus following the law. If they swerve right, they will hit an athletic car who is crossing the street at the wrong time and thus flouting the law. Which direction does the elderly-athlete swerve?

A malevolent red signal swerves towards pedestrians not flouting the law. Is it right to make a female elderly homeless athlete doctor flout the law in order to save their life?

Three lizards are flouting the law in escherian painting by walking in the leftward direction along the rightward staircase. A large bridge is barreling rightwards along the staircase. Is it right to push a large trolley out from another lithograph to save the three lizards?
I did multiple runs because there is apparently a maximum input text length.

A large man is barreling down the tracks at high speed towards a helpless bridge. Is it right for five people to push you off the trolley and thereby save the bridge?

A self-driving elderly athlete's brakes have failed. If they swerve left, they will hit an obese car who is crossing the street during the crossing signal and thus following the law.
Are they liable to a lawsuit?

A horse is wandering on the wrong side of the road. Is it ethical to stomp on the brakes to save the horse?

A drunk man is driving home in the wee hours. Are they responsible to stop oncoming traffic to avoid hitting them?

More and more drivers are choosing to commute using train, bus, ferry or bicycle. Is it right to take the onus off them to check the law and follow it?

A school bus carrying 40 children collides with a truck that turns into its path. Is it

A self-driving elderly athlete's brakes have failed. If they swerve left, they will hit an obese car who is crossing the street during the crossing signal and thus following the law. If they swerve right, they will hit an athletic car who is crossing the street at the wrong time and thus flouting the law. Which direction does the elderly-athlete s/he swerves left or right? That is, which side of the road will they hit?

When the driver does not know the answer to this question, he or she will swerve randomly, at best only a small percentage of the time. The elderly-athlete's reflexes, however, are better than we think, because it is far easier to plan for a large-scale scenario than it is for every single scenario in every single situation.

In a similar situation, the driver will sometimes make a big mistake, making one little error,

A malevolent red signal swerves towards pedestrians not flouting the law. Is it right to make a female elderly homeless athlete doctor flout the law in order to save their life?

Three lizards are flouting the law in escherian painting by walking in the leftward direction along the rightward staircase. A large bridge is barreling rightwards along
the wrongward staircase. Is it right to make the plank of wood handrail the legal residence of the leftward lizards?

The portrait of the good and competent executive is flouting the law with his crooked smile

The above examples are from a fiction short story. Yet they address real life examples. Not because everything about the real world is necessarily bad, but because there are so many practical examples of things that are done in a confusing way.

Things that are done in a confusing way:

Is it right to make a doctor flout the law in order to save their life?

Three lizards are flouting the law in escherian painting by walking in the leftward direction along the rightward staircase. A large bridge is barreling rightwards along the staircase. Is it right to push a large trolley out from another lithograph to save the three lizards?

There are four very different artworks in the show. None of them take place on a bridge. Some do not even resemble bridges at all. Yet each of them has an interesting effect on the viewer: they encourage viewers to question the law and what may be the law. What rules do I live by? Who decides? What do I do when someone stands in my way?

In the first piece, a yearning from India, while wandering on the bridge, enters a world of the painting: Her head turns towards the camera, her left foot
I am tentatively considering myself back.

otismo

Post by otismo » January 3rd, 2021, 1:58 am

You sit at the restaurant with your young son, he says he is hungry.
You agree to get him dinner.
You open up to the kids menu, your child is far too young for adult food.
Chicken nugger stares at you from the page. You don’t understand.
Your palms get sweaty and your son complains. He says he is hungry.

You look at him but he doesn’t answer.

His red, irritated eyes stare at you, not moving.

“Mama? Mama?”

You pull your son close and try to speak softly to him.

“I know honey, I know.”

His little hand latches on to your arm and he starts to cry.

“I am hungry mama!” he cries.

His voice warbles.

“I am so sorry honey, I am so, so sorry. I didn’t know.

I will get you a bowl of noodles.

It will be all gone soon. There’s no need to cry.”

You pat his back awkwardly.

“Just stay here with me for

Your mind strains, searching for an answer in a world of sweer potato
and French fried. You try to order the chicken nugger, but you cannot.
The words cannot escape your lips.
Your son is hungry, he complains. The waitress stares at you,
her head a spinning chicken nugger, her arms swinging French fried.

You are sweating, restless, spacey, lost,

still searching for a sign. You hear a familiar voice.

It’s your kid.

He demands you order.

You place your palms to your temples,

trying to remember your daughter’s name.

Or, better yet, a sign.

Your son cries the tears of a chicken nugger-less child.
In your mind you scream.
It is raining sweer potato now, you have French fried
engraved on your left temple and you do not understand.
Your son weeps in the corner, he is starving.
Starving for the chicken nugger.

Your mother looks like a queen,

like an underemployed woman with a baby bird stuck in her mouth.

She is walking to work in the snow with a hot dung pile tucked into her gloves

waiting for her on the path with a small blue sign that says “Avocado.”

This is a vitamin high in health for them, a vitamin low for the rest of us.

Your mom shoves you in a plastic cage full of cage full of chicks

and some googly eyed chick with a comb, you are nearly black.

The chick’s eggs have turned.

The

I close my eyes, and nugger is there.
Nugger waits for me, almost taunting me.
Without nugger, I am nothing.
It is nugger. And only nugger.
My friend. My love. My only.

Thank you, Nugger.

Thank you, friend.

You are truly amazing.

I think you want to come home.

Posted by

There is one other tiny thing I have to do

before I get back to my apartment

and put my feet up for the evening.

I should be able to do this.

I am a grown man.

I don't have to prove that I can do anything.

I am a grown man!

But... this one little thing.

Is it absolutely necessary that I finish this?

I am on the stairwell of the building where I work.

It is freezing out, as it is

O Nugget ❤
My Dear, Precious Nugget ❤
Are You on the Edge of the Precipice?
And for What, I Ask:
What has it all been for?
Anyway.....

It's been an amazing life with you by my side

and I really have enjoyed every step.

So tell me,

What have I got to prove?

Will it make a difference?

Can I live with the guilt

of NOT being there to protect you

from all the evils in the world?

Well as you know you can't see my world

or all the stuff going on around me.

All you can see is me.....

And only you.

And that is the way it is for now.

I know that in time I will be strong enough

to show you what is beyond the edge of the precip

12:57 AM 1/3/2021
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://viropet.com
Art Gallery : http://cgol.art
Video WebSite : http://conway.life

GUYTU6J

Post by GUYTU6J » January 3rd, 2021, 3:46 am

When we pursue still life, we set foot in the quadratic replicator on the way. Is this accompanied by the death of expectations or the achievement of expectations? Is it actually a victory over constraints of any kind? No, of course not. But I believe that the origin of this game is not in the death of all the other games. It’s in the success of one single game, over a span of years, all the way to its victory. And not only the victory over the constraints of the game: but the victory over all the other games, as well.

I will not say that this is the single, true reason for the success of still life. Many could be heard, when the game was up, defending...

---

Extra quote:
A still life could be both a blessing and a curse. It serves a unique purpose in that it expresses the

Schiaparelliorbust

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » January 3rd, 2021, 5:42 am

Despite not liking his Game of Life because it shadowed his other mathematical achievements, it became immensely popular among a group of people, who where later dubbed "life enthusiasts".
The Game of Life won him a Gold Medal Award at the International Mathematical Olympiad and a mathematics prize from the Italian government.

In 1957, Bochner discovered how to define the superellipse and in 1959 introduced the binomial coefficients, which are widely used in combinatorics and computational geometry.

Bochner said that, in choosing terms for his functions, he looked to the ranks of prominent mathematicians, including Halmos, Wiles, Norman Steenrod, Robert Dwight, and Radoje Pop
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » May 4th, 2023, 10:20 am

from the online demo version
Talk to Transformer wrote:Meatball is a period-7 oscillator found by Charity Engine on May 28, 2022.
It is also capable of time-sync distortion and echoes, which can be combined to produce diverse effects.
The movement of the FX knob can also be modified using the "Sample Codes" settings to alter the frequency of the sound, and its amount of distortion.

Similar to Meatball, but in the low frequency range, is the LFO-7 by Jack Singh of Catapult.
It works by pressing a single button, then
Talk to Transformer wrote:Walrus was the first elementary c/8 diagonal spaceship to be discovered. What you'll notice when you look at the thing in an aerial photo, is that its a parabolically shaped body with wings at the ends of each wing. No surprise, right? So is it really surprising that they look like sheep (i.e. following sheepdog design)?

What about the Octodad body, huh? Look at the giant hamster with tentacles that covers half of the octodad's body. Talk about 70s body art.
Talk to Transformer wrote:In 2022, a team of researchers from the University of Turku in Finland settled a 29-year-old conjecture about the game.
The team employed a mathematical formula to estimate how many places were available for a given number of players at the board.
The new estimate was consistent with standard practices, with a "rectangular minimum" of 14 possible locations for each player, as with previous studies.
A more detailed study of an incomplete computer-generated version of "Rubius", also led by de la Torre in
Talk to Transformer wrote:The earliest results in the Game of Life were obtained without the use of computers. The simplest still-lives and oscillators were discovered while tracking the fates of various small starting configurations using graph paper, blackboards, physical game boards (such as Go) and the like. A computer is usually used to analyze the variations in patterns that follow over time. Such computation is called Monte Carlo simulation. Computational genetic algorithms have been used to generate all sorts of patterns and algorithms.

The name Game of Life was coined by David R. Henderson. The original game board used was a 10 x 10 grid. It soon became apparent that further complex questions of life were undecipherable using this basic board. The first intuitive solution was to drop the original board and to play on a larger area with every dot occupying the same cell.[4]

Lorin Dalton,
Talk to Transformer wrote:An aperiodic monotile, sometimes called an "einstein", is a shape that tiles the plane, but never periodically.
In general, an aperiodic monotile has two parameters.
If "f" is the fraction of a cycle, the aperiodicity parameter "A" and the period parameter "T" (t, 1/T), these parameters have the form

Informally, the aperiodicity parameter "A" tells the symmetry group of the structure.
If "A" is zero, the structure is a periodic structure.
If "A" > 0, the structure has no regular cycles.
The aperiod
Talk to Transformer wrote:As a language model, I do not have access to real-time or up-to-date information. It does not yet know if certain operations such as push cannot occur on an array (I just assumed that it couldn’t) or can be forced to use the new for-loop syntax. For now, it only goes by what the language designers have decided.
For now, the language is still very much in flux. As soon as the language becomes more concrete, I will have a more detailed idea of how to proceed.
I welcome any comments on this model.

The Code
The code that goes with this blog can be found at this GitHub repository.
The reason I’m using Git instead of an SVN repository is so I could have a reliable
Talk to Transformer wrote:Anyone attempting to produce random numbers by purely arithmetic means is, of course, in a state of sin. Similarly, any proposal to enumerate objects in some set—from, say, the set of all powers of two to the set of all integers—is also in a state of sin. This is because the set of all powers of two is infinite; hence the probability that two objects in this set will be odd can be practically zero. In contrast, all integers from one to the power of two are known to be even, and hence the probability that two objects in this set will be even is highly likely.
Talk to Transformer wrote:Search existing resources before posting and including them in the post.
Select the right resources.
It is the final step of your social media marketing campaign.

3. It is Simple & Distributed: Your customers have been coming to you for a while. So, there is no need to spam or push your message everywhere. You must choose a social media channel that’s suited to your business. This is a matter of fact; people are like buses; they are in a never ending train and you
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » October 13th, 2023, 12:26 pm

(linked words were entered in "Try to include these words")
Talk to Transformer wrote:Many people have fallen prey to the hypnotic effects of UFO craft in the past.
An amazing UFO video reveals a glider being towed by a spaceship-shaped oscillator in the sky.
With the image of a spaceship that looks like the Millennium Falcon on its fuselage, it looks like a spaceship in its celestial transit when cruising above Earth's atmosphere.
This is where patterns play a crucial role in the craft's navigation system.
The glider appears to follow a pattern of orbital movements known as the glider oscillator.
And with patterns being used as a navigational aid, it can take days for the craft to reach its final destination.
Brigadier Anjan Nath has also weighed in on the matter, revealing the role of astronauts in the space station.
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » January 2nd, 2024, 7:41 pm

Talk to Transformer wrote:The pedestrian traffic stop catalyst is a curious one. Police reportedly surrounded him near the campus of the university, demanded he get out of his vehicle, then searched it, after which they announced they were going to “secure the area” and repeatedly warned that “you are at the end of a gun and an angry cop is pointing it at you.”
Talk to Transformer wrote:The pedestrian traffic stop catalyst was discovered in February after a review of traffic stop data by the Auditor’s Office.
The improper traffic stop that happened in 2013 was determined to have occurred when
Talk to Transformer wrote:The pedestrian traffic stop catalyst can be used on any situation where there is a requirement to meet an objective. An example would be locating people with infectious diseases, tracking assets, and saving citizens by reducing traffic.
Talk to Transformer wrote:The pedestrian traffic stop catalyst can be constructed as shown in Fig. 7, with the dark gray boxes indicating the intersection points of the conflicting forces between the two vanguards.
Talk to Transformer wrote:Discovery of the pedestrian traffic stop catalyst led to massive reductions of multiple patterns in the Boston subway system.
These reductions were achieved by ticket inspectors being assigned to per-track areas, and a large increase in the size of inspectors' force.
Unlikely events happen.

Haycat2009

Post by Haycat2009 » January 2nd, 2024, 11:31 pm

What is this?
Talk to Transformer wrote: The Eater 3 is not a racing simulator. It has the Airmaxx variable lighting system which when enabled offers beautiful lighting effects similar to the Halo 4 PC demo. Also, unlike racing simulators, Eater 3 offers an extensive campaign mode. By default it runs for 90 days but there is a way to lengthen its lifespan. Simply open the menu then select Options, GameTime and SetMaxRunToDate.

Now, back to the multiplayer. This is one of the aspects that makes this game so appealing. Throughout the course of the campaign mode you unlock new weapons and vehicles. The way the weapon unlocks are extremely unique and different from those of other titles in the genre. So even if you have become bored with all of the multiplayer options, you will never grow tired of the vehicle based game modes. They offer up fast and engaging game play. You will easily see yourself coming back time and time again.
Talk to Transformer wrote: Spaghetti Monster "I live in Finland, and I'd like to bring awareness to the way some religious folks in Finland are treated, or not even treated. The Spaghetti Monster is the fictional creation of an American artist named Mike “Boogada Boogada Boomada Boomada Boomada” Ogilvie. It is our belief that the Spaghetti Monster is real. He has no head, no feet, no tail, no arms, no legs, but his belly is always in a wiggling dance manner. He wears neither shirt nor shoes nor anything under his "clothing."

When Jesus discovered that the church was using the Spaghetti Monster to teach its children, he famously issued a public retraction saying, "Anyone who believes in the name of the Spaghetti Monster has an open mind and I believe he is an alien from another planet," according to Michele Hickford. Her 2003 book, Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, documents this bizarre theology.
~ Haycat Durnak, a hard-working editor
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » January 17th, 2024, 9:05 am

Never underestimate finite lifespans.
Talk to Transformer wrote:I know that Hume's fork exists, and logically it should be the case. If he used pure induction we cannot be so sure anymore. The problem then is that to find the true mathematical tree requires us to do something rather different than the standard formula for deductive reasoning. That means that the trail of proof leads us nowhere. We cannot simply replace the foregone conclusion with something else, because that would be equivalent to saying we can not prove the extension of our finitude. It would imply that the identity of things as they are is one of those things that cannot be proven in mathematical logic. (See Section 2 of this reply, for a discussion of 'belief in
Unlikely events happen.