Suggested LifeWiki edits

For discussion directly related to LifeWiki.
confocaloid

Re: Suggested LifeWiki edits

Post by confocaloid » March 27th, 2024, 1:58 pm

dvgrn wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 1:54 pm
confocaloid wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 1:45 pm
I don't know what exactly you mean when you say "confocaloid-signal".
Would you please consider putting some more effort into understanding that point, then? It's been explained quite a number of times -- here, for example.
The idea described in the post you linked to under the label "confocaloid-signal" is apparently different from the way you are using the same label. Consequently it becomes hard to understand what you mean by the label. It feels like you are trying to ascribe to me ideas I did not propose.

The linked post says: "Immutable and unchanging: signals don't flip or turn, because they are not spatial. Avoids confusion with "active objects."
In comparison, you are claiming "superset", even though immutable unchanging signals cannot be a subset of active objects (they are not active objects).
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.

azulavoir

Post by azulavoir » March 27th, 2024, 2:17 pm

confocaloid wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 1:45 pm
As an immediate consequence, "moving object" cannot be a superset of "signal". It is a completely different idea.
My favorite signals: Still lives

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » March 27th, 2024, 2:22 pm

azulavoir wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 2:17 pm
In an engineered spaceship/puffer component (e.g. a moving glider reflector), there may be still life stages. A sideways glider may get converted to a loaf, which is then reanimated by a later spaceship/convoy.

You might try building a moving computer where signals are carried by various objects that are moving in the reference frame of the computer itself. Some of these objects probably will be still lives (or other stationary objects).

added later: even in a stationary engineered pattern, there may be stages where some signal is carried by presence of some still life, which is later hit by a spark. An example could be made with the stop and go reaction:

Code: Select all

#C The stop and go reaction
x = 42, y = 11, rule = B3/S23
40bo$39bo$2o14b2o9b2o10b3o$2o15b2o8b2o$13b5o$13b4o2$13b4o$13b5o$2o15b
2o$2o14b2o!
Last edited by confocaloid on March 28th, 2024, 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » March 27th, 2024, 2:30 pm

confocaloid wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 1:58 pm
... immutable unchanging signals cannot be a subset of active objects (they are not active objects).
Sorry, we've been talking past each other for so long about this that I'm really surprised that this point isn't clear yet.

I totally agree that unchanging information-theory signals aren't active objects, and so can't be a subset of them. But what I said was not that active objects are a superset of "confocaloid-signals". What the definitions say is that "dvgrn-signals" are a superset of "confocaloid-signals".
yoleo wrote:
August 9th, 2023, 3:15 pm
dvgrn-signal: the information or the encoding, depending on context.
So my previous statement was somewhat incomplete:
dvgrn wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 1:35 pm
the wider "dvgrn-signal" meaning is simply a commonly-used superset of your restricted meaning. When I say "signal", I generally mean any active object moving through circuitry, including but not limited to active objects that are carrying confocaloid-signals.
Notice the word "generally" in the above. Here's the completion: When I say "signal", I may also mean a classic information-theory signal.

The sense of "signal" that I mean in a particular case will generally be very clear from context -- because, exactly as you say, immutable unchanging signals are a category that does not overlap with active objects.

So when someone appears to be talking about immutable unchanging information-theory signals, then pretty clearly they're using "signal" to mean "confocaloid-signal". When someone appears to be talking about active objects, then pretty clearly they're using "signal" to mean "dvgrn-signal".

Quite simply, this doesn't look like a problem to me -- as yoleo said, the potential for confusion is actually quite low -- similar to many other common terms that can refer to either the medium or the message, depending on the context. Attempts to restrict "signal" to only the limited "confocaloid-signal" sense look to me like a much larger potential cause of confusion. I'm not necessarily right in that opinion, of course, but that's my current opinion.

Do you still contend that "dvgrn-signal" is not a superset of "confocaloid-signal"? It sure looks like one to me. "dvgrn-signal" covers all of the common uses of "signal" in the last couple of decades, on the forums and before the forums existed. The combined category of "dvgrn-signal" contains both active objects and immutable information-theory signals that are not themselves active objects, but are carried by them.
dvgrn wrote:
September 16th, 2023, 11:06 am
A signal is the movement of information through the Life universe. Signals can be carried by spaceships, fuses, drifters, or conduits. Spaceships can only transfer a signal at the speed of the spaceship, while fuses can transfer a signal at speeds up to the speed of light. "Signal" can also refer directly to active objects traveling through circuitry -- gliders, Herschels, B-heptominoes, etc.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » March 27th, 2024, 2:47 pm

dvgrn wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 2:30 pm
[...] What the definitions say is that "dvgrn-signals" are a superset of "confocaloid-signals". [...]
[...] Do you still contend that "dvgrn-signal" is not a superset of "confocaloid-signal"? [...]
As far as I can tell, there is very little point in trying to discuss "what the definitions say" about the polemical labels 'dvgrn-signal' and 'confocaloid-signal', precisely because there are no definitions of them. Those are merely polemical labels used by opponents. Nothing more and nothing less.
As an immediate consequence, I'm not going to be able to provide a meaningful answer to the latter quoted question.

I believe that signals are not active objects, and active objects are not signals, as far as the most intuitively clear and unambiguous CA-related meaning goes. I believe this is the only unambiguous interpretation of existing long-standing definitions and discussions. I'm not necessarily right in that opinion, of course, but that's my current opinion.

Note that the existing meaning of 'signal' (= movement of information through universe, carried by some mechanism) is not my invention. Both the word 'signal' and the idea of immutable unchanging moving signals were here long before I joined. https://web.archive.org/web/20160304130 ... htm#signal

Also note that the existing meaning of 'active object' (including Herschels, B-heptominoes, gliders and other moving reactions you might want to use in conduits) is not my invention/suggestion, either. Both the phrase 'active object' and the idea of moving objects usable in conduits were here long before I joined. https://conwaylife.com/ref/lifepage/pat ... srefl.html

I would appreciate it, if there were no further attempts to ascribe to me these old, well-understood meanings of words and phrases. This terminology and these concepts are not my contribution.
Unlikely events happen.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » March 27th, 2024, 3:34 pm

confocaloid wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 2:47 pm
I would appreciate it, if there were no further attempts to ascribe to me these old, well-understood meanings of words and phrases. This terminology and these concepts are not my contribution.
I don't think that anyone has ever intended to imply that you invented the idea of information-theory "signals" -- or that I invented the idea of "signal" sometimes applying to active objects moving through circuitry, that are not and cannot be information-theory signals. Both uses, in various Life contexts, date well back into the last millennium, before either of us appeared on the scene.

It's maybe good to note (again) that I did not invent the terms "confocaloid-signal" or "dvgrn-signal" -- if I remember right, it was yoleo who did that. The intended meaning of those two terms has always been as a convenient shorthand:

"confocaloid-signal": what confocaloid wants "signal" to be allowed to mean
"dvgrn-signal": what dvgrn wants "signal" to be allowed to mean

Having "confocaloid" and "dvgrn" in the terms ... was never intended as anything but a way to simplify and clarify the discussion, to explain exactly what the point of contention was. At one point I offered to substitute some other term for "confocaloid-signal", but I wasn't ever able to figure out what the replacement term should be; everything that you thought would simplify the discussion only made it more complicated and confusing from my point of view -- and vice versa, of course.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » March 27th, 2024, 3:45 pm

dvgrn wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 3:34 pm
It's maybe good to note (again) that I did not invent the terms "confocaloid-signal" or "dvgrn-signal" -- if I remember right, it was yoleo who did that.
Not really. As far as I can tell by looking at forum posts, dvgrn was the one who invented both of those polemical labels. Note that yoleo's post was after dvgrn's posts, where dvgrn coined both polemical labels.

Obviously neither of the two polemical labels is a useful piece of terminology. Because there are no well-understood useful intuitive definitions, and almost certainly will never be. Using those labels is misleading, because (a) it does not explain what is the idea and (b) it incorrectly suggests a misattribution of some ideas that were not, in fact, invented by the mentioned people.

edit: I guess it may be a good idea to ping/crosspost yoleo's post here, since that was mentioned.
yoleo wrote:
August 9th, 2023, 3:15 pm
To summarize:

confocaloid-signal: informational content. Immutable and unchanging: signals don't flip or turn, because they are not spatial. Avoids confusion with "active objects."

dvgrn-signal: the information or the encoding, depending on context. May be used to refer to "objects that can carry information" in circuitry-adjacent patterns, like gliders in a memory loop or wire-based oscillators. We've been using the term like this for a while now.

Looking through confocaloid's list of objections to use of "signal," they're basically all places where the word is used to mean "the input/output of a conduit" (like signal circuitry). [Now, is the word "signal" adding something meaningful to each of those articles? Perhaps not. But that's a separate discussion.] That seems like reasonably typical usage of the word to me. Just from a practical perspective: when building things in CGoL, we often need to talk about conduit input/output. "Signal" is a convenient and suitable word for this. This sort of double usage is commonplace: text, speech, mail, etc. can refer to the medium (how it is sent) or to the message (the informational content). I don't see a real risk for confusion. Even Life Lexicon uses the term "signal converter" under the entry for "splitter," when strictly speaking it's only the medium that's changing, not the informational content.
Unlikely events happen.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » March 27th, 2024, 4:15 pm

confocaloid wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 3:45 pm
Not really. As far as I can tell by looking at forum posts, dvgrn was the one who invented both of those polemical labels.
Aha, you seem to be right! -- about who used the terms first, not about whether they constitute "polemical labels". Now that I see where the first experimental uses were, I can confirm with 100% confidence that the inventor of those terms honestly just wanted to help make these difficult points easier to discuss.

The fact that yoleo picked up those terms and used them exactly the way I intended for them to be used, was a very good sign that they were useful terms for the discussion. But then the discussion went terribly off the rails from there. From my point of view, this happened because you seemed to be unable to understand how useful it was to have clear short labels for the two competing definitions of "signal" that were at issue.

... Well, so be it. In the absence of anything better, I'll go back to trying to use "information-theory signal" as the standard phrase to refer to 'what confocaloid wants "signal" to be allowed to mean in LifeWiki articles".
confocaloid wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 3:45 pm
Obviously neither of the two polemical labels is a useful piece of terminology. Because there are no well-understood useful intuitive definitions, and almost certainly will never be.
They sure look useful to me -- for discussion purposes, though, not as permanent terms! Both terms appear to me to have clearly stated definitions, both in yoleo's post and in the signal-terminology poll. It's only the term "polemical label" that seems to me to be an actual polemical label.

But...
Back to the original subject, maybe?
@confocaloid, this topic came up because I used "signal" here on the forums in a way you didn't agree with. You've previously said that
confocaloid wrote:
August 8th, 2023, 12:19 pm
I'm not trying to "restrict" anyone's personally preferred use of the word "signal". In discussions, people can use whatever wording they prefer.
so it seemed to me that I was within my rights to use "signal" in the way that I and others have been using it in many, many places for the last two decades.

The actual question, however, was about the idea of creating an article called "2c/3 signal receiver" that would not be a "pattern page" -- i.e., that it wouldn't contain an infobox, because there isn't really just one pattern that was supposed to be the "canonical" 2c/3 signal receiver. You were perfectly right that that's what I meant by "category article" -- I wasn't trying to refer to LifeWiki categories at all.

I'm thinking that "2c/3 signal receiver" is an uncontroversial use of the term "signal" -- it means a receiver for 2c/3 signals, which are already represented on the LifeWiki with a redirect to "2c/3 wire". What are your thoughts on that?

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » March 27th, 2024, 4:35 pm

dvgrn wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 4:15 pm
[...] The fact that yoleo picked up those terms and used them exactly the way I intended for them to be used, was a very good sign that they were useful terms for the discussion. [...]
Just recently you were ascribing to me some unstated idea ("your restricted meaning"), and incorrectly claiming existence of a relation between meanings of the word 'signal' that is not there ("commonly-used superset").
That fact is a good sign that those are polemical labels, not terms. You are interpreting them in multiple different ways, sometimes even within a single post. There are no commonly understood, commonly agreed, intuitively clear, useful definitions of those polemical labels.

Again, I'm using an existing definition of the term 'signal' from the old Lexicon (which was there back in 2016). That definition clearly distinguishes between signals (moving information) and objects carrying those signals / mechanisms for carrying those signals. When a Herschel carrying some signal gets converted into a B-heptomino, the B-heptomino still carries the exact same signal. That agrees with an existing old long-standing definition. That also agrees with intuitive understanding of the entire subject.
dvgrn wrote:
I'm thinking that "2c/3 signal receiver" is an uncontroversial use of the term "signal" -- it means a receiver for 2c/3 signals, which are already represented on the LifeWiki with a redirect to "2c/3 wire". What are your thoughts on that?
My thoughts is that there is an existing agreement to leave LifeWiki editing of affected pages to uninvolved people (i.e. neither you nor me), who would be much more likely to be able to determine what is an improvement and what isn't.
confocaloid wrote:
October 7th, 2023, 9:22 pm
In private communication with dvgrn, it was suggested
  • that we both step away from changing LifeWiki articles signal and drifter,
  • that we both step away from either adding or removing occurrences of the word 'signal' in other LifeWiki articles.
It was suggested that people other than myself or dvgrn, who are uninvolved/less involved in this discussion, would review the discussion and articles that are related to meanings of 'signal'/'drifter', and make any related changes that are believed to be improvements to LifeWiki.

I agree to the suggestion as long as the other side agrees to it.
dvgrn wrote:
October 7th, 2023, 9:39 pm
confocaloid wrote:
October 7th, 2023, 9:22 pm
I agree to the suggestion as long as the other side agrees to it.
I added a "like" to the above post, but it's probably better to say this specifically: I agree with the "stepping away" suggestion as confocaloid has described it above.

Furthermore, I'm going to be careful to avoid any appearance of canvassing, so I won't be taking part in any discussions or making any public or behind-the-scenes suggestions to anyone from this point on, about what should or shouldn't be done with the various related LifeWiki articles. These issues are now in the collective hands of the rest of the community.

While this discussion has been going on, confocaloid and I have been continuing to constructively edit other areas of the LifeWiki, occasionally collaborating on incrementally improving something as usual. Speaking for myself here, I'll be trying to continue that pattern of cooperation outside of the "signal" / "drifter" topic, and remember the negotiating skills I've picked up in the course of this discussion (such as they are). Suffice it to say that I think I've learned a few things along the way.
Unlikely events happen.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » March 27th, 2024, 4:48 pm

confocaloid wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 4:35 pm
dvgrn wrote:
My thoughts is that there is an existing agreement to leave LifeWiki editing of affected pages to uninvolved people (i.e. neither you nor me), who would be much more likely to be able to determine what is an improvement and what isn't.
Okay. My thought is that when we can agree that a particular usage of the term "signal" is uncontroversial, there's no harm in having it show up on the LifeWiki.

I'm not suggesting that I would add the "2c/3 signal receiver" article myself -- because that would involve me adding the term "signal" to the LifeWiki, and you've previously objected to me doing that -- even when I was adding a usage of "signal" that you explicitly told me that you didn't object to.

However, when I was working on the CurrentNews item for EntityValkyrie's awesome new 2c/3 signal receiver, it seemed like it would be good to have an article to link to. That agreement about "signal" and "drifter" only applies to you and me, so someone else could add an article called "2c/3 signal receiver" if they thought it was a good idea.

I was hoping to hear from you whether _you_ thought it was a good idea. If you did think it was a good idea, then it's probably an uncontroversial addition and somebody will probably go ahead and add it. If you thought it was a bad idea, then maybe nobody would bother to add it -- we've gotten along without it so far, after all.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » March 27th, 2024, 4:56 pm

dvgrn wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 4:48 pm
I was hoping to hear from you whether _you_ thought it was a good idea.
If I remember correctly, you were initially suggesting a new article about a concept (rather than a specific pattern). viewtopic.php?p=181196#p181196
I'm thinking such an article would be basically a re-creation of a previously-merged article "2c/3 wire" under a different name. https://conwaylife.com/w/index.php?titl ... did=108916

I'm thinking it would be more productive to unmerge the article 2c/3 wire, leaving the old term "2c/3 wire" for the underlying concept unchanged.

I don't think there should be separate articles for transmitting and receiving ends. I also don't think there should be separate articles for specific mechanisms. In my opinion, a single article would suffice, to provide an overview of all known notable mechanisms, reactions, tools for working with the 2c/3 wire.
Unlikely events happen.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » March 27th, 2024, 5:01 pm

confocaloid wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 4:56 pm
I don't think there should be separate articles for transmitting and receiving ends. I also don't think there should be separate articles for specific mechanisms. In my opinion, a single article would suffice, to provide an overview of all known notable mechanisms, reactions, tools for working with the 2c/3 wire.
Okay, that seems like a good option.

Linkable sections under "2c/3 wire" called "2c/3 signal transmitter" and "2c/3 signal receiver" would work just as well as separate articles, for the use case that I tripped over of having a specific linkable location to help explain Entity Valkyrie's recent construction.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » March 29th, 2024, 11:43 am

https://conwaylife.com/w/index.php?diff ... did=145702
Documenting one's own stuff (LW:NB); adding non-plain-Life non-notable trivia to a mainspace article. Most likely the added content should be removed completely. There are way too many variations, in way too many different cellular automata, to document them all in a single article, which is meant to be Life-specific to begin with.

https://conwaylife.com/w/index.php?diff ... did=147835
Missing "minimum" and "alive". ("the population is counted as the number of cells in" --> "the minimum population is counted as the number of alive cells in")
Unlikely events happen.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » March 29th, 2024, 12:38 pm

confocaloid wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 11:43 am
There are way too many variations, in way too many different cellular automata, to document them all in a single article, which is meant to be Life-specific to begin with.
All of that seems perfectly true. That said, there isn't necessarily a problem with mentioning an interesting detail from a related rule. There are currently fifty or more articles that include "In other rules" sections, many of which contain minor interesting factoids very similar to what was added here.

The "documenting your own discoveries" issue is definitely a potential concern. We usually look at contributions like that with an extra measure of skepticism, and take them out again if they're really not notable or interesting -- i.e., if someone is just getting a little too enthusiastic. But we don't always revert contributions like that; if they're perfectly good contributions, they often end up sticking around.

Long story short, I don't think it would necessarily be an improvement to the LifeWiki if we had five hundred "In other rules" sections instead of only fifty; probably nobody should start an organized campaign to add sections like that in every single article. But I also don't see any reason that this particular new "In other rules" contribution needs to be removed.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » March 29th, 2024, 1:17 pm

dvgrn wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 12:38 pm
There are currently fifty or more articles that include "In other rules" sections, many of which contain minor interesting factoids very similar to what was added here.
I think that means many of those sections also need review/cleanup/removal.
dvgrn wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 12:38 pm
But I also don't see any reason that this particular new "In other rules" contribution needs to be removed.
  • The linked forum post viewtopic.php?p=181184#p181184 says "Credits to S5r." What does that mean? Is "S5r" someone's username? Who and when discovered the reduction?
    Other posted patterns don't have any particularly useful explanations of what they are and where they come from.
  • The added content on the wiki page says "In the rule B3/S235r, this allows for sailboat, 120P34 and p52 R-pentomino hassler to be reduced this way." Why these particular patterns are listed? Are there other patterns reducible the same way? Again, who and when discovered that?
  • More importantly, the whole added section does not meet the notability criteria (LifeWiki:Notability#General_notability_guideline). It is an obvious case of an editor overenthusiastically adding their own findings. Many notable patterns in Conway's Life have many variations in different cellular automata; it does not make sense to put all such variations in "In other rules", because there are too many.
Unlikely events happen.

hotdogPi

Post by hotdogPi » March 29th, 2024, 1:35 pm

Many of the "in other rules" blurbs are "this configuration of cells works in a way that has nothing to do with Life". This one is "it's identical to Life and can be reduced". I think it can be kept.
User:HotdogPi/My discoveries

Periods discovered: 5-16,⑱,⑳G,㉑G,㉒㉔㉕,㉗-㉛,㉜SG,㉞㉟㊱㊳㊵㊷㊹㊺㊽㊿,54G,55G,56,57G,60,62-66,68,70,73,74S,75,76S,80,84,88,90,96
100,02S,06,08,10,12,14G,16,17G,20,26G,28,38,47,48,54,56,72,74,80,92,96S

S: SKOP
G: gun

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » March 29th, 2024, 2:45 pm

confocaloid wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:17 pm
[*] The linked forum post viewtopic.php?p=181184#p181184 says "Credits to S5r." What does that mean? Is "S5r" someone's username? Who and when discovered the reduction?
I can't quite tell if this is a serious question or not. In case it is: 'S5r" is the single isotropic transition that Haycat2009's added section talks about adding to "B3/S23", to permit the rock-canoe trick to work with the loaf.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » March 29th, 2024, 3:10 pm

dvgrn wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 2:45 pm
confocaloid wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:17 pm
[*] The linked forum post viewtopic.php?p=181184#p181184 says "Credits to S5r." What does that mean? Is "S5r" someone's username? Who and when discovered the reduction?
I can't quite tell if this is a serious question or not. In case it is: 'S5r" is the single isotropic transition that Haycat2009's added section talks about adding to "B3/S23", to permit the rock-canoe trick to work with the loaf.
Clarification: the question is about adding to the wiki content that is extremely hard to comprehend for a reader/newcomer. The edit in question is an example of such an addition.

Again: the linked forum post says
Haycat2009 wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 9:05 am
120 to 88P34. Credits to S5r.
What does that mean? How a LifeWiki reader who followed the forum link to get more information would be able to understand this line?
Again: who and when discovered this? What is known about this?

See also my questions in previous post (which are left unanswered), as well as the rest of the quoted post (which contains other remarks which make no sense for a LifeWiki reader who followed the link because they wanted to get more info).
Unlikely events happen.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » March 29th, 2024, 4:52 pm

confocaloid wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 3:10 pm
Again: the linked forum post says
Haycat2009 wrote:
120 to 88P34. Credits to S5r.
What does that mean? How a LifeWiki reader who followed the forum link to get more information would be able to understand this line?
Again: who and when discovered this? What is known about this?

See also my questions in previous post (which are left unanswered), as well as the rest of the quoted post (which contains other remarks which make no sense for a LifeWiki reader who followed the link because they wanted to get more info).
I'm having a hard time seeing how any of these objections are an argument for rolling back the edit. "In other rules" content as a rule doesn't aim to answer all possible questions that somebody might decide to ask. If we tried to do that, we'd end up with "In other rules" sections that were far longer than the rest of the article, and that's definitely the opposite of what we want. "In other rules" sections probably work better with just short informational snippets, maybe with a link or two that interested readers can follow for more information.

The link in this case does in fact go to a post with all of the information that's needed to confirm what the added LifeWiki text says. That's quite possibly all of the information that's actually available about this topic: nobody necessarily knows what other eater3-supported oscillators also work in B3/S235r. But the article doesn't say or imply that the three oscillators mentioned are an exhaustive list. It just says that the rock-canoe trick works for those three oscillators... and it does in fact work, as the linked post demonstrates.

I really think you're attempting to hold Haycat2009 to an impossibly high standard, if you want all of your additional questions to be answered any better than the link already answers them.

However, in case it's helpful, I've slightly updated the line that you're having trouble with, so that now it says:
Haycat2009 wrote:

x = 28, y = 29, rule = B3/S235r
4b2o6b2o4b2o$4bo7bo5bobo$5b3ob2obo8bo$2o5bobobo5bo4bo$bo8bo5bobo2b2o$
bobo12bo2bo$2b2o13b2o3$9bobo$9bobo$9b3o6$16b3o$16bobo$16bobo3$9b2o13b
2o$8bo2bo12bobo$5b2o2bobo5bo8bo$5bo4bo5bobobo5b2o$6bo8bob2ob3o$7bobo5b
o7bo$8b2o4b2o6b2o!
120P34 to 88P34. Credits to S5r.
(Link added by dvgrn.)

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » March 29th, 2024, 5:18 pm

dvgrn wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 4:52 pm
The link in this case does in fact go to a post with all of the information that's needed to confirm what the added LifeWiki text says. That's quite possibly all of the information that's actually available about this topic: nobody necessarily knows what other eater3-supported oscillators also work in B3/S235r.
For anyone interested, an incomplete census of objects from Conway's Life that evolve identically in B3/S235r is available in /census/b3s235r/ror_stdin_test. (Similar censuses are also available for several other cellular automata.)
dvgrn wrote:
But the article doesn't say or imply that the three oscillators mentioned are an exhaustive list. It just says that the rock-canoe trick works for those three oscillators... and it does in fact work, as the linked post demonstrates.
The linked post just contains several pattern snippets with obscure one-line remarks. Those remarks are not sufficient explanations for a reader who arrived from LifeWiki.
dvgrn wrote:
I really think you're attempting to hold Haycat2009 to an impossibly high standard, if you want all of your additional questions to be answered any better than the link already answers them.
The link does not answer any of those questions.
What "Credits to S5r" means, exactly? What "120P34 to 88P34" (in the edited post) means? Where are meaningful descriptions of posted patterns (forum rules 5b, 4)? Where these patterns come from?

It is not "impossibly high standard". It is simply being careful to keep LifeWiki useful for actual readers (i.e. people other than overenthusiastic editors adding their own findings with dubious notability, and primarily people who are relatively new here).
Unlikely events happen.

Haycat2009

Post by Haycat2009 » March 30th, 2024, 11:20 am

Just for clarification: I picked those 3 oscillators as they work with S5r enabled, have at least one Eater 3 in them and have a page in the Lifewiki so I could link to them.
~ Haycat Durnak, a hard-working editor
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » March 30th, 2024, 11:26 am

Haycat2009 wrote:
March 30th, 2024, 11:20 am
Just for clarification: I picked those 3 oscillators as they work with S5r enabled, have at least one Eater 3 in them and have a page in the Lifewiki so I could link to them.
Unfortunately your forum post with patterns does not contain any explanations legible for readers who reach the post by following a link from LifeWiki.
More unfortunately, you are apparently documenting your own findings. Which goes against LW:NB.
Unlikely events happen.

Sokwe

Post by Sokwe » April 1st, 2024, 7:13 am

There are pages for traffic light hasslers and pre-pulsar shuttles, but neither seems to include non-shuttle pre-pulsar hasslers. Should a pre-pulsar hasslers page be created? It could probably include the following oscillators:

x = 337, y = 357, rule = B3/S23
104bo$103bobo$102bobobo$102bobobo$101b2obob2o$99bo2bobobo2bo$99b2o3bo
3b2o$102bobobo$97b5o2bo2b5o$96bo5bobobo5bo$95bobo3b2obob2o3bobo$95bob
3o3bobo3b3obo$94b2o4b2obobob2o4b2o$95bobo4bobobo4bobo$95bobo2bobobobob
o2bobo$96bo5bobobo5bo$97b2obobobobobob2o$99b2obobobob2o$101b2obob2o$
96b2ob2obobobob2ob2o$95bo3bo4bo4bo3bo$95bobo2bo2bobo2bo2bobo$93b2o2b2o
4bobo4b2o2b2o$94bobo4b2o3b2o4bobo118bo25bo$44b2o3b2o31b2o10bob3ob2o5b
2ob3obo10b2o105bobo23bobo$44b2o3b2o31bo12bo17bo12bo106bo25bo$71b2o11bo
12bobob7obobo12bo11b2o100bo15bo$6b2o5b2obo54bobo9b2o2bo2bo5b2o4bo3bo4b
2o5bo2bo2b2o9bobo59bob2o6bob2o20b5o2b3o11b3o2b5o$7bo5bob2o56bo3b2obo4b
6o4bo3b11o3bo4b6o4bob2o3bo61b2obo6b2obo19bo4bo5bo9bo5bo4bo$6bo4b2o4b2o
20b2o2b3o3b3o2b2o17b2o7b3o11b3o3b5o3b3o11b3o7b2o59b2o8b2o22bo2bo7b2o9b
2o7bo2bo$6b2o3bo5bo21b2o2bobo3bobo2b2o19bobo7b8o5bob2ob3ob2obo5b8o7bob
o62bo9bo19bo2bob2o27b2obo2bo$12bo5bo24b3o3b3o21b2obo3b3obo7bo6b3o5b3o
6bo7bob3o3bob2o59bo9bo19bobobo5bo21bo5bobobo$6b2o3b2o4b2o53bobob4o2bo
2b2o3bo9bo7bo9bo3b2o2bo2b4obobo58b2o8b2o19bo2bo4bobo19bobo4bo2bo$7bo3b
o5bo53bo7bo4b2obo2b2o25b2o2bob2o4bo7bo59bob2o6bob2o18b2o2bo2bo5b3o3b3o
5bo2bo2b2o$6bo5bo5bo53b7o5bobo4bo25bo4bobo5b7o60b2obo6b2obo19bo3b2o6bo
bo3bobo6b2o3bo$6b2o3b2o4b2o55bo2bo5b2ob2ob3o25b3ob2ob2o5bo2bo66b2o8b2o
16bo12b3o3b3o12bo$11bo5bo25b3o3b3o27bo5b3o2b2o2bo5b3o3b3o5bo2b2o2b3o5b
o72bo9bo17b3o27b3o$6b2o4bo5bo20b2o2bobo3bobo2b2o22b2o2bo4bo3bo3b2o3bob
o3bobo3b2o3bo3bo4bo2b2o70bo9bo21bo25bo$7bo3b2o4b2o20b2o2b3o3b3o2b2o27b
4o2bobo2b2o4b3o3b3o4b2o2bobo2b4o75b2o8b2o19bo2bo21bo2bo$6bo6b2obo70b2o
2b2ob3o15b3ob2o2b2o75bob2o6bob2o21b4o21b4o$6b2o5bob2o66b4o2bobo2b3o15b
3o2bobo2b4o71b2obo6b2obo$78b2o2bo4bo3bo3bo17bo3bo3bo4bo2b2o103b2o21b2o
$44b2o3b2o28bo5b3o2b2o2bo5bo7bo5bo2b2o2b3o5bo104bo23bo$44b2o3b2o23bo2b
o5b2ob2ob3o7b3o5b3o7b3ob2ob2o5bo2bo100bo21bo$72b7o5bobo4bo6bob2ob3ob2o
bo6bo4bobo5b7o97b2o3b2o11b2o3b2o$71bo7bo4b2obo2b2o4b3o3b5o3b3o4b2o2bob
2o4bo7bo102bo11bo$72bobob4o2bo2b2o3bo4bo3b11o3bo4bo3b2o2bo2b4obobo100b
3o13b3o$73b2obo3b3obo7bo3b2o4bo3bo4b2o3bo7bob3o3bob2o101bo17bo$75bobo
7b8o4bobob7obobo4b8o7bobo$73b2o7b3o10bo17bo10b3o7b2o$73bo3b2obo4b6o3bo
b3ob2o5b2ob3obo3b6o4bob2o3bo$71bobo9b2o2bo2bo3bobo4b2o3b2o4bobo3bo2bo
2b2o9bobo$71b2o11bo8b2o2b2o4bobo4b2o2b2o8bo11b2o$82bo12bobo2bo2bobo2bo
2bobo12bo$82b2o11bo3bo4bo4bo3bo11b2o$96b2ob2obobobob2ob2o$101b2obob2o$
99b2obobobob2o139b2o$97b2obobobobobob2o137bo2b2o$96bo5bobobo5bo137b2ob
3o$95bobo2bobobobobo2bobo131b2o4bo4bo$95bobo4bobobo4bobo131b2o3bo2b3o$
94b2o4b2obobob2o4b2o135bo2bo$95bob3o3bobo3b3obo$95bobo3b2obob2o3bobo
115bo16b2o$96bo5bobobo5bo115bobo14bo2bo$97b5o2bo2b5o116bobo14bobo3bo$
102bobobo120b2ob2o14bo3bobo$99b2o3bo3b2o117bo8bo14bo$99bo2bobobo2bo
118bob2o3bobo$101b2obob2o118bobob2o4bo$102bobobo119b2o$102bobobo90bob
2o6b2obo23bo29bo$103bobo91b2obo6bob2o22bobo26b3o$104bo90b2o8b2o4b2o16b
2o2bo2bo24bo$196bo8bo5bo17b2o3b2o25b2o$195bo10bo5bo29b3o3b3o$195b2o8b
2o4b2o29bobo3bobo$197bob2o6b2obo31b3o3b3o14bo$197b2obo6bob2o53bobo$
201b2o8b2o24bo27bo$202bo8bo24bobo$201bo10bo24bo14b3o3b3o$201b2o8b2o39b
obo3bobo$197bob2o6b2obo41b3o3b3o$197b2obo6bob2o29b2o25b2o3b2o$241bo24b
o2bo2b2o$238b3o26bobo$238bo29bo$275b2o$266bo4b2obobo$35bo33bo195bobo3b
2obo$34bobo31bobo180bo14bo8bo$34bobo31bobo179bobo3bo14b2ob2o$3b2obo6b
2obo14b2obob2o29b2obob2o177bo3bobo14bobo$3bob2o6bob2o12bo2bobo3bo27bo
3bobo2bo178bo2bo14bobo$7b2o2b2o4b2o10b2o3bob2o5b3o5b3o5b3o5b2obo3b2o
179b2o16bo$7bo3bo5bo15bo3bo5bobo5bobo5bobo5bo3bo$8bo3bo5bo14b4o6b3o5b
3o5b3o6b4o177bo2bo$7b2o2b2o4b2o17bo31bo178b3o2bo3b2o$3b2obo4bo5bo15b4o
31b4o174bo4bo4b2o$3bob2o5bo5bo13bo39bo174b3ob2o$b2o8b2o4b2o14b4o6b3o5b
3o5b3o6b4o177b2o2bo$bo9bo5bo18bo6bobo5bobo5bobo6bo183b2o$2bo9bo5bo14b
4o6b3o5b3o5b3o6b4o$b2o8b2o4b2o14bo3bo29bo3bo$3b2obo6b2obo12b2o3bob2o
29b2obo3b2o$3bob2o6bob2o12bo2bobo3bo27bo3bobo2bo$31b2obob2o29b2obob2o$
34bobo31bobo$34bobo31bobo$35bo33bo3$239bo5bo$239b2o3b2o$239b2o3b2o$
197b2obo6b2obo29bo3bo$197bob2o6bob2o$195b2o8b2o4b2o$37b2o156bo9bo5bo
18bo$38bo2b2o153bo9bo5bo16bo2bo$38bobo2bo11b2o138b2o8b2o4b2o16bo2bo$
37b2obobobob2o7bobo139b2obo4bo5bo19bo3b3o3b3o7bo$38bobobob2obo4b2obo2b
o5bo132bob2o5bo5bo22bobo3bobo5bo2bo$36bo3b3o9bobobobo4bobo129b2o4b2o2b
2o4b2o18bo3b3o3b3o5bo2bo$35bob3obob4o7bo4bo3bobo129bo5bo3bo5bo17bo2bo
17bo$35bo11bo6bob4o2b2ob2o129bo5bo3bo5bo16bo2bo$36b3obobob3o8bo3bo2bo
3bo128b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o17bo19bo$2b2obo6bob2o22b2obob2o11b3ob2ob3o131b2ob
o6b2obo38bo2bo$2bob2o6b2obo42bo4bo133bob2o6bob2o38bo2bo$6b2o2b2o18b2o
2bo216bo$6bo4bo18bo2bobo23bo2bo3b2o$7bo2bo20bobobo30bo$6b2o2b2o18b2obo
b2o27bobo170bo3bo$2b2obo6bob2o13bo3b2o3bo25b2o170b2o3b2o$2bob2o6b2obo
12bob2o2b2o6bo4b3o3b3o4bo175b2o3b2o$2o14b2o10bobo2bobo3bo2bo4bobo3bobo
4bo175bo5bo$o16bo11b3o2b2o6bo4b3o3b3o4bo$bo14bo16b2o3bo25b2o$2o14b2o9b
5obob2o27bobo$2b2obo6bob2o11bo2bo2bobo30bo$2bob2o6b2obo16bo2bo23bo2bo
3b2o$33b2o$58bo4bo$38b2obob2o11b3ob2ob3o$36b3obobob3o8bo3bo2bo3bo$35bo
11bo6bob4o2b2ob2o$35bob3obob4o7bo4bo3bobo$36bo3b3o9bobobobo4bobo$38bob
obob2obo4b2obo2bo5bo$37b2obobobob2o7bobo181bo4bo$38bobo2bo11b2o180b2ob
4ob2o$38bo2b2o196bo4bo$37b2o3$253bo4bo$251b3o3b3o$250bo$250b2o$197b2ob
o6b2obo46b3o$197bob2o6bob2o$195b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o44bobo$195bo5bo3bo5bo17b
o27bobo$196bo5bo3bo5bo15b3o$195b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o44b3o$30b2o31b2o132b2obo
4bo5bo$31bo31bo133bob2o5bo5bo15b3o$31bob2o25b2obo137b2o2b2o4b2o25b3o3b
3o10b3o$32bobo8bo7bo8bobo138bo3bo5bo16bobo7bobo3bobo11bo$34bob2o4bobo
5bobo4b2obo141bo3bo5bo15bobo7b3o3b3o$2b2obo6b2obo17bobobo5bo7bo5bobobo
139b2o2b2o4b2o$2bob2o6bob2o13b2o2bo27bo2b2o131b2obo6b2obo17b3o$6b2o2b
2o4b2o11bobob2o25b2obobo131bob2o6bob2o25b2o$6bo3bo5bo9b2obobo31bobob2o
168bo$7bo3bo5bo8bobob2o6bo4b3o3b3o4bo6b2obobo159b3o3b3o$6b2o2b2o4b2o
10bo8bobo3bobo3bobo3bobo8bo162bo4bo$2b2obo6b2obo10bobob2o6bo4b3o3b3o4b
o6b2obobo$2bob2o6bob2o10b2obobo31bobob2o$2o14b2o11bobob2o25b2obobo$o
15bo12b2o2bo27bo2b2o177bo4bo$bo15bo15bobobo5bo7bo5bobobo179b2ob4ob2o$
2o14b2o16bob2o4bobo5bobo4b2obo182bo4bo$2b2obo6b2obo16bobo8bo7bo8bobo$
2bob2o6bob2o15bob2o25b2obo$31bo31bo$30b2o31b2o10$254b2o4b2o$254bobo2bo
bo$55b2o4b2o193bo2bo$55bobo2bobo192bo4bo$57bo2bo194b6o$56bo4bo187bo6b
4o$56bo4bo186bobo$46bo9bo4bo6bo4b2o121b2o5b2obo6b2obo32bo$2b2obo6b2obo
30b3o9b2o7bobo4bo122bo5bob2o6bob2o$2bob2o6bob2o18bo5bo8bo16bo2bo2bo
123bo4b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o$6b2o2b2o4b2o15bobo3bobo6b2o16bob2obob4o119b2o3bo
5bo3bo5bo19bo$6bo3bo5bo15bo2bo3bobo23b2obo2bobo3bo124bo5bo3bo5bo17bobo
$7bo3bo5bo14bobob2obob2o22bo2bob2ob2o2bo118b2o3b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o17bobo$
6b2o2b2o4b2o15b2obob2o3bo22b3o2bo3bob2o118bo3bo5bo3bo5bo17b2ob2o9b3o3b
3o$2b2obo4bo5bo24b2o7b3o3b3o7bo3bo4bo120bo5bo5bo3bo5bo29bo3bobo3bo28b
2o$2bob2o5bo5bo15b2o2b3o3bo6bobo3bobo6bo3b3o2b2o120b2o3b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o
16b2ob2o8bo3bobo3bo6b3o3b3o14bo$6b2o2b2o4b2o15bo4bo3bo7b3o3b3o7b2o133b
o5bo3bo5bo18bob2o8bo3bobo3bo5bo3bobo3bo8b2obo$6bo3bo5bo13b2obo3bo2b3o
22bo3b2obob2o120b2o4bo5bo3bo5bo15bo14b3o3b3o6bo3bobo3bo8b2ob2o$7bo3bo
5bo13bo2b2ob2obo2bo22b2obob2obobo120bo3b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o15b2o28bo3bobo3b
o$6b2o2b2o4b2o13bo3bobo2bob2o23bobo3bo2bo119bo6b2obo6b2obo48b3o3b3o9b
2ob2o$2b2obo6b2obo16b4obob2obo16b2o6bobo3bobo120b2o5bob2o6bob2o67bobo$
2bob2o6bob2o20bo2bo2bo16bo8bo5bo209bobo$34bo4bobo7b2o9b3o222bo$34b2o4b
o6bo4bo9bo$47bo4bo$47bo4bo220bo$48bo2bo220bobo$46bobo2bobo209b4o6bo$
46b2o4b2o208b6o$262bo4bo$263bo2bo$261bobo2bobo$261b2o4b2o5$47bo13bo$
38bo7bobo11bobo7bo$38b3o5bobo11bobo5b3o$41bo3b2o2b2o7b2o2b2o3bo$40bo2b
o3b2o2bo5bo2b2o3bo2bo$40bob5o2b3o5b3o2b5obo$41b2o3bobo11bobo3b2o237bo
10bo$44b2obobo9bobob2o240bo10bo$46bobo11bobo242bo10bo$305b2o8b2o$39b2o
6bo13bo6b2o238bo4bo$2b2obo6b2obo15b2o5bobo6bo13bo6bobo5b2o177bo4bo43bo
4bo2bo4bo$2bob2o6bob2o15bo2b2o2bo31bo2b2o2bo175b2ob4ob2o29b2o15bo2bo
15b2o$6b2o2b2o20bobobob2o29b2obobobo178bo4bo32bo11b3o6b3o11bo$6bo3bo
20b2o3bo3bo7b3o7b3o7bo3bo3b2o215bobo30bobo$7bo3bo22bo5b3o5bobo7bobo5b
3o5bo219b2o5b3o14b3o5b2o$6b2o2b2o17b6o4bobo6b3o7b3o6bobo4b6o209b2o9bo
3bo12bo3bo9b2o$2b2obo6b2obo12bo5b2o3b2o27b2o3b2o5bo204b2o2b2o9bo3bo12b
o3bo9b2o2b2o$2bob2o6bob2o11bobo3bo41bo3bobo203b2o2bob2o7bo3bo12bo3bo7b
2obo2b2o$6b2o2b2o4b2o10bo5b2o3b2o27b2o3b2o5bo209b3o8b3o14b3o8b3o$6bo3b
o5bo12b6o4bobo6b3o7b3o6bobo4b6o116b2o5b2obo6b2obo23bo$7bo3bo5bo16bo5b
3o5bobo7bobo5b3o5bo122bo5bob2o6bob2o23bo60b3o14b3o$6b2o2b2o4b2o13b2o3b
o3bo7b3o7b3o7bo3bo3b2o118bo10b2o2b2o4b2o20bobo48b2o8bo3bo12bo3bo8b2o$
2b2obo6b2obo16bobobob2o29b2obobobo119b2o9bo3bo5bo22bo7b3o3b3o33b2o8bo
3bo12bo3bo8b2o$2bob2o6bob2o15bo2b2o2bo31bo2b2o2bo130bo3bo5bo21bo7bobo
3bobo43bo3bo12bo3bo$31b2o5bobo6bo13bo6bobo5b2o118b2o9b2o2b2o4b2o21bo7b
3o3b3o13bo30b3o14b3o$39b2o6bo13bo6b2o127bo5b2obo4bo5bo22bo29bo$196bo6b
ob2o5bo5bo20bobo27bobo$46bobo11bobo133b2o3b2o8b2o4b2o21bo29bo$44b2obob
o9bobob2o136bo9bo5bo22bo29bo$41b2o3bobo11bobo3b2o128b2o4bo9bo5bo51bo$
40bob5o2b3o5b3o2b5obo128bo3b2o8b2o4b2o51bo30b3o14b3o$40bo2bo3b2o2bo5bo
2b2o3bo2bo127bo6b2obo6b2obo52bobo28bo3bo12bo3bo$41bo3b2o2b2o7b2o2b2o3b
o128b2o5bob2o6bob2o53bo19b2o8bo3bo12bo3bo8b2o$38b3o5bobo11bobo5b3o199b
o19b2o8bo3bo12bo3bo8b2o$38bo7bobo11bobo7bo230b3o14b3o$47bo13bo$290b3o
8b3o14b3o8b3o$285b2o2bob2o7bo3bo12bo3bo7b2obo2b2o$285b2o2b2o9bo3bo12bo
3bo9b2o2b2o$289b2o9bo3bo12bo3bo9b2o$250bo4bo38b2o5b3o14b3o5b2o$248b2ob
4ob2o35bobo30bobo$250bo4bo37bo11b3o6b3o11bo$292b2o15bo2bo15b2o$304bo4b
o2bo4bo$308bo4bo$305b2o8b2o$305bo10bo$305bo10bo$305bo10bo4$60b3o3b3o$
60bobo3bobo$b2o3b2o4b2obo21b2o6bo14b3o3b3o14bo6b2o$b2o3b2o4bob2o21bo6b
obo35bobo6bo$16b2o11b2o3b2obo7bo7b3o17b3o7bo7bob2o3b2o$b2o3b2o8bo12bo
4bobo9b2obob4obo15bob4obob2o9bobo4bo$bobobobo9bo12b3obo11b4obo4bo15bo
4bob4o11bob3o$3bobo10b2o14bob2o10b4o2bo2bo17bo2bo2b4o10b2obo$2b2obo6b
2obo35bo25bo$6b2o4bob2o26bo4bobo29bobo4bo$7bo2b2o28bobo4bo33bo4bobo
157b2o9b2o$6bo3bo27bo51bo154bobo9bobo$6b2o3bo22bo2bo2b4o10b2obo13bob2o
10b4o2bo2bo145b2o4bo11bo4b2o$7bo2b2o21bo4bob4o11bob3o9b3obo11b4obo4bo
144bobo19bobo$6bo5b2obo17bob4obob2o9bobo4bo7bo4bobo9b2obob4obo145bo21b
o$6b2o4bob2o18b3o7bo7bob2o3b2o7b2o3b2obo7bo7b3o$43bobo6bo23bo6bobo$44b
o6b2o23b2o6bo2$229bo5b2o31b2o5bo$229b3o3b2o31b2o3b3o$232bob3o31b3obo$
231bo3bo33bo3bo$228bo2bob2obo31bob2obo2bo$228b3o3b2o33b2o3b3o$196b2o2b
2o3b2o2bob2o18b4obo31bob4o$197bo2b2o3b2o2b2obo17bo3b3o11b3o3b3o11b3o3b
o$196bo16b2o16b2obo2bo10bobo3bobo10bo2bob2o$196b2o2b2o3b2o7bo17bobobo
11b3o3b3o11bobobo$200bobobobo6bo17bo2b2o33b2o2bo$196b2o4bobo8b2o16bobo
37bobo$197bo3b2obo6b2o17b2obo37bob2o$196bo8b2o5bo19bob2o33b2obo$48b2o
3b2o141b2o8bo4bo20bobobo11b3o3b3o11bobobo$48b2o3b2o150bo5b2o18b2obo2bo
10bobo3bobo10bo2bob2o$196b2o7b2o2b2o19bo3b3o11b3o3b3o11b3o3bo$197bo8bo
3bo20b4obo31bob4o$196bo8bo3bo18b3o3b2o33b2o3b3o$196b2o7b2o2b2o17bo2bob
2obo31bob2obo2bo$231bo3bo33bo3bo$b2o3b2o2b2o3b2o215bob3o31b3obo$b2o3b
2o2b2o3b2o212b3o3b2o31b2o3b3o$229bo5b2o31b2o5bo$b2o3b2o2b2o3b2o$bobobo
bo2bobobobo30b3o3b3o$3bobo6bobo32bobo3bobo$2b2obo5b2obo32b3o3b3o$6b2o
7b2o224bo21bo$7bo8bo223bobo19bobo$6bo8bo224b2o4bo11bo4b2o$6b2o7b2o228b
obo9bobo$7bo8bo28b3o7b3o188b2o9b2o$6bo8bo23b2o2b7o3b7o2b2o$6b2o7b2o22b
o3b2obob2o3b2obob2o3bo$41b2ob2ob2ob3ob2ob2ob2o$37b4obo17bob4o$37bo2bob
4o3bo3bo3b4obo2bo$41bo2bo13bo2bo$42bo8bo8bo$43bobo4bobo4bobo$46b2o3bo
3b2o$43bo2b2o7b2o2bo$42bobobo9bobobo$41bobob3o7b3obobo$41bo2b2o2bo5bo
2b2o2bo$39b2ob2o5b2ob2o5b2ob2o$40bobo6b2ob2o6bobo$40bobo17bobo$41bo19b
o!
Edit: added p100 and p120
-Matthias Merzenich

C_R_116

Post by C_R_116 » April 1st, 2024, 2:16 pm

Sokwe wrote:
April 1st, 2024, 7:13 am
There are pages for traffic light hasslers and pre-pulsar shuttles, but neither seems to include non-shuttle pre-pulsar hasslers. Should a pre-pulsar hasslers page be created? It could probably include the following oscillators:

x = 277, y = 332, rule = B3/S23
104bo$103bobo$102bobobo$102bobobo$101b2obob2o$99bo2bobobo2bo$99b2o3bo
3b2o$102bobobo$97b5o2bo2b5o$96bo5bobobo5bo$95bobo3b2obob2o3bobo$95bob
3o3bobo3b3obo$94b2o4b2obobob2o4b2o$95bobo4bobobo4bobo$95bobo2bobobobob
o2bobo$96bo5bobobo5bo$97b2obobobobobob2o$99b2obobobob2o$101b2obob2o$
96b2ob2obobobob2ob2o$95bo3bo4bo4bo3bo129b2o3b2o$95bobo2bo2bobo2bo2bobo
129b2o3b2o$93b2o2b2o4bobo4b2o2b2o$94bobo4b2o3b2o4bobo$44b2o3b2o31b2o
10bob3ob2o5b2ob3obo10b2o$44b2o3b2o31bo12bo17bo12bo$71b2o11bo12bobob7ob
obo12bo11b2o$6b2o5b2obo54bobo9b2o2bo2bo5b2o4bo3bo4b2o5bo2bo2b2o9bobo
58b2o3b2o2b2o3b2o$7bo5bob2o56bo3b2obo4b6o4bo3b11o3bo4b6o4bob2o3bo60b2o
3b2o2b2o3b2o$6bo4b2o4b2o20b2o2b3o3b3o2b2o17b2o7b3o11b3o3b5o3b3o11b3o7b
2o$6b2o3bo5bo21b2o2bobo3bobo2b2o19bobo7b8o5bob2ob3ob2obo5b8o7bobo62b2o
3b2o2b2o3b2o$12bo5bo24b3o3b3o21b2obo3b3obo7bo6b3o5b3o6bo7bob3o3bob2o
60bobobobo2bobobobo30b3o3b3o$6b2o3b2o4b2o53bobob4o2bo2b2o3bo9bo7bo9bo
3b2o2bo2b4obobo61bobo6bobo32bobo3bobo$7bo3bo5bo53bo7bo4b2obo2b2o25b2o
2bob2o4bo7bo59b2obo5b2obo32b3o3b3o$6bo5bo5bo53b7o5bobo4bo25bo4bobo5b7o
64b2o7b2o$6b2o3b2o4b2o55bo2bo5b2ob2ob3o25b3ob2ob2o5bo2bo67bo8bo$11bo5b
o25b3o3b3o27bo5b3o2b2o2bo5b3o3b3o5bo2b2o2b3o5bo71bo8bo$6b2o4bo5bo20b2o
2bobo3bobo2b2o22b2o2bo4bo3bo3b2o3bobo3bobo3b2o3bo3bo4bo2b2o70b2o7b2o$
7bo3b2o4b2o20b2o2b3o3b3o2b2o27b4o2bobo2b2o4b3o3b3o4b2o2bobo2b4o76bo8bo
28b3o7b3o$6bo6b2obo70b2o2b2ob3o15b3ob2o2b2o79bo8bo23b2o2b7o3b7o2b2o$6b
2o5bob2o66b4o2bobo2b3o15b3o2bobo2b4o75b2o7b2o22bo3b2obob2o3b2obob2o3bo
$78b2o2bo4bo3bo3bo17bo3bo3bo4bo2b2o105b2ob2ob2ob3ob2ob2ob2o$44b2o3b2o
28bo5b3o2b2o2bo5bo7bo5bo2b2o2b3o5bo102b4obo17bob4o$44b2o3b2o23bo2bo5b
2ob2ob3o7b3o5b3o7b3ob2ob2o5bo2bo97bo2bob4o3bo3bo3b4obo2bo$72b7o5bobo4b
o6bob2ob3ob2obo6bo4bobo5b7o99bo2bo13bo2bo$71bo7bo4b2obo2b2o4b3o3b5o3b
3o4b2o2bob2o4bo7bo99bo8bo8bo$72bobob4o2bo2b2o3bo4bo3b11o3bo4bo3b2o2bo
2b4obobo101bobo4bobo4bobo$73b2obo3b3obo7bo3b2o4bo3bo4b2o3bo7bob3o3bob
2o105b2o3bo3b2o$75bobo7b8o4bobob7obobo4b8o7bobo104bo2b2o7b2o2bo$73b2o
7b3o10bo17bo10b3o7b2o101bobobo9bobobo$73bo3b2obo4b6o3bob3ob2o5b2ob3obo
3b6o4bob2o3bo100bobob3o7b3obobo$71bobo9b2o2bo2bo3bobo4b2o3b2o4bobo3bo
2bo2b2o9bobo98bo2b2o2bo5bo2b2o2bo$71b2o11bo8b2o2b2o4bobo4b2o2b2o8bo11b
2o96b2ob2o5b2ob2o5b2ob2o$82bo12bobo2bo2bobo2bo2bobo12bo108bobo6b2ob2o
6bobo$82b2o11bo3bo4bo4bo3bo11b2o108bobo17bobo$96b2ob2obobobob2ob2o123b
o19bo$101b2obob2o$99b2obobobob2o$97b2obobobobobob2o$96bo5bobobo5bo$95b
obo2bobobobobo2bobo$95bobo4bobobo4bobo$94b2o4b2obobob2o4b2o$95bob3o3bo
bo3b3obo$95bobo3b2obob2o3bobo$96bo5bobobo5bo$97b5o2bo2b5o$102bobobo$
99b2o3bo3b2o$99bo2bobobo2bo123bo25bo$101b2obob2o124bobo23bobo$102bobob
o126bo25bo$102bobobo131bo15bo$103bobo91bob2o6bob2o20b5o2b3o11b3o2b5o$
104bo92b2obo6b2obo19bo4bo5bo9bo5bo4bo$195b2o8b2o22bo2bo7b2o9b2o7bo2bo$
196bo9bo19bo2bob2o27b2obo2bo$195bo9bo19bobobo5bo21bo5bobobo$195b2o8b2o
19bo2bo4bobo19bobo4bo2bo$197bob2o6bob2o18b2o2bo2bo5b3o3b3o5bo2bo2b2o$
197b2obo6b2obo19bo3b2o6bobo3bobo6b2o3bo$201b2o8b2o16bo12b3o3b3o12bo$
202bo9bo17b3o27b3o$201bo9bo21bo25bo$201b2o8b2o19bo2bo21bo2bo$197bob2o
6bob2o21b4o21b4o$197b2obo6b2obo$234b2o21b2o$234bo23bo$235bo21bo$234b2o
3b2o11b2o3b2o$35bo33bo170bo11bo$34bobo31bobo166b3o13b3o$34bobo31bobo
166bo17bo$3b2obo6b2obo14b2obob2o29b2obob2o$3bob2o6bob2o12bo2bobo3bo27b
o3bobo2bo$7b2o2b2o4b2o10b2o3bob2o5b3o5b3o5b3o5b2obo3b2o$7bo3bo5bo15bo
3bo5bobo5bobo5bobo5bo3bo$8bo3bo5bo14b4o6b3o5b3o5b3o6b4o$7b2o2b2o4b2o
17bo31bo$3b2obo4bo5bo15b4o31b4o$3bob2o5bo5bo13bo39bo$b2o8b2o4b2o14b4o
6b3o5b3o5b3o6b4o$bo9bo5bo18bo6bobo5bobo5bobo6bo180b2o$2bo9bo5bo14b4o6b
3o5b3o5b3o6b4o177bo2b2o$b2o8b2o4b2o14bo3bo29bo3bo178b2ob3o$3b2obo6b2ob
o12b2o3bob2o29b2obo3b2o169b2o4bo4bo$3bob2o6bob2o12bo2bobo3bo27bo3bobo
2bo169b2o3bo2b3o$31b2obob2o29b2obob2o176bo2bo$34bobo31bobo$34bobo31bob
o158bo16b2o$35bo33bo158bobo14bo2bo$228bobo14bobo3bo$227b2ob2o14bo3bobo
$227bo8bo14bo$228bob2o3bobo$226bobob2o4bo$226b2o$197bob2o6b2obo23bo29b
o$197b2obo6bob2o22bobo26b3o$37b2o156b2o8b2o4b2o16b2o2bo2bo24bo$38bo2b
2o153bo8bo5bo17b2o3b2o25b2o$38bobo2bo11b2o138bo10bo5bo29b3o3b3o$37b2ob
obobob2o7bobo137b2o8b2o4b2o29bobo3bobo$38bobobob2obo4b2obo2bo5bo132bob
2o6b2obo31b3o3b3o14bo$36bo3b3o9bobobobo4bobo131b2obo6bob2o53bobo$35bob
3obob4o7bo4bo3bobo135b2o8b2o24bo27bo$35bo11bo6bob4o2b2ob2o135bo8bo24bo
bo$36b3obobob3o8bo3bo2bo3bo134bo10bo24bo14b3o3b3o$2b2obo6bob2o22b2obob
2o11b3ob2ob3o135b2o8b2o39bobo3bobo$2bob2o6b2obo42bo4bo133bob2o6b2obo
41b3o3b3o$6b2o2b2o18b2o2bo162b2obo6bob2o29b2o25b2o3b2o$6bo4bo18bo2bobo
23bo2bo3b2o173bo24bo2bo2b2o$7bo2bo20bobobo30bo171b3o26bobo$6b2o2b2o18b
2obob2o27bobo171bo29bo$2b2obo6bob2o13bo3b2o3bo25b2o209b2o$2bob2o6b2obo
12bob2o2b2o6bo4b3o3b3o4bo205bo4b2obobo$2o14b2o10bobo2bobo3bo2bo4bobo3b
obo4bo204bobo3b2obo$o16bo11b3o2b2o6bo4b3o3b3o4bo190bo14bo8bo$bo14bo16b
2o3bo25b2o184bobo3bo14b2ob2o$2o14b2o9b5obob2o27bobo184bo3bobo14bobo$2b
2obo6bob2o11bo2bo2bobo30bo187bo2bo14bobo$2bob2o6b2obo16bo2bo23bo2bo3b
2o187b2o16bo$33b2o$58bo4bo185bo2bo$38b2obob2o11b3ob2ob3o181b3o2bo3b2o$
36b3obobob3o8bo3bo2bo3bo179bo4bo4b2o$35bo11bo6bob4o2b2ob2o180b3ob2o$
35bob3obob4o7bo4bo3bobo183b2o2bo$36bo3b3o9bobobobo4bobo186b2o$38bobobo
b2obo4b2obo2bo5bo$37b2obobobob2o7bobo$38bobo2bo11b2o$38bo2b2o$37b2o6$
239bo5bo$239b2o3b2o$239b2o3b2o$197b2obo6b2obo29bo3bo$197bob2o6bob2o$
195b2o8b2o4b2o$195bo9bo5bo18bo$30b2o31b2o131bo9bo5bo16bo2bo$31bo31bo
131b2o8b2o4b2o16bo2bo$31bob2o25b2obo133b2obo4bo5bo19bo3b3o3b3o7bo$32bo
bo8bo7bo8bobo134bob2o5bo5bo22bobo3bobo5bo2bo$34bob2o4bobo5bobo4b2obo
134b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o18bo3b3o3b3o5bo2bo$2b2obo6b2obo17bobobo5bo7bo5bobobo
133bo5bo3bo5bo17bo2bo17bo$2bob2o6bob2o13b2o2bo27bo2b2o130bo5bo3bo5bo
16bo2bo$6b2o2b2o4b2o11bobob2o25b2obobo129b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o17bo19bo$6bo3b
o5bo9b2obobo31bobob2o128b2obo6b2obo38bo2bo$7bo3bo5bo8bobob2o6bo4b3o3b
3o4bo6b2obobo128bob2o6bob2o38bo2bo$6b2o2b2o4b2o10bo8bobo3bobo3bobo3bob
o8bo184bo$2b2obo6b2obo10bobob2o6bo4b3o3b3o4bo6b2obobo$2bob2o6bob2o10b
2obobo31bobob2o$2o14b2o11bobob2o25b2obobo171bo3bo$o15bo12b2o2bo27bo2b
2o170b2o3b2o$bo15bo15bobobo5bo7bo5bobobo174b2o3b2o$2o14b2o16bob2o4bobo
5bobo4b2obo175bo5bo$2b2obo6b2obo16bobo8bo7bo8bobo$2bob2o6bob2o15bob2o
25b2obo$31bo31bo$30b2o31b2o10$239bo4bo$237b2ob4ob2o$55b2o4b2o176bo4bo$
55bobo2bobo$57bo2bo$56bo4bo$56bo4bo191bo4bo$46bo9bo4bo6bo4b2o176b3o3b
3o$2b2obo6b2obo30b3o9b2o7bobo4bo175bo$2bob2o6bob2o18bo5bo8bo16bo2bo2bo
177b2o$6b2o2b2o4b2o15bobo3bobo6b2o16bob2obob4o120b2obo6b2obo46b3o$6bo
3bo5bo15bo2bo3bobo23b2obo2bobo3bo119bob2o6bob2o$7bo3bo5bo14bobob2obob
2o22bo2bob2ob2o2bo117b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o44bobo$6b2o2b2o4b2o15b2obob2o3bo
22b3o2bo3bob2o116bo5bo3bo5bo17bo27bobo$2b2obo4bo5bo24b2o7b3o3b3o7bo3bo
4bo120bo5bo3bo5bo15b3o$2bob2o5bo5bo15b2o2b3o3bo6bobo3bobo6bo3b3o2b2o
119b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o44b3o$6b2o2b2o4b2o15bo4bo3bo7b3o3b3o7b2o129b2obo4bo
5bo$6bo3bo5bo13b2obo3bo2b3o22bo3b2obob2o121bob2o5bo5bo15b3o$7bo3bo5bo
13bo2b2ob2obo2bo22b2obob2obobo124b2o2b2o4b2o25b3o3b3o10b3o$6b2o2b2o4b
2o13bo3bobo2bob2o23bobo3bo2bo124bo3bo5bo16bobo7bobo3bobo11bo$2b2obo6b
2obo16b4obob2obo16b2o6bobo3bobo126bo3bo5bo15bobo7b3o3b3o$2bob2o6bob2o
20bo2bo2bo16bo8bo5bo126b2o2b2o4b2o$34bo4bobo7b2o9b3o134b2obo6b2obo17b
3o$34b2o4bo6bo4bo9bo134bob2o6bob2o25b2o$47bo4bo184bo$47bo4bo175b3o3b3o
$48bo2bo177bo4bo$46bobo2bobo$46b2o4b2o2$243bo4bo$241b2ob4ob2o$243bo4bo
5$47bo13bo$38bo7bobo11bobo7bo$38b3o5bobo11bobo5b3o$41bo3b2o2b2o7b2o2b
2o3bo$40bo2bo3b2o2bo5bo2b2o3bo2bo$40bob5o2b3o5b3o2b5obo$41b2o3bobo11bo
bo3b2o$44b2obobo9bobob2o190bo4bo$46bobo11bobo190b2ob4ob2o$255bo4bo$39b
2o6bo13bo6b2o$2b2obo6b2obo15b2o5bobo6bo13bo6bobo5b2o$2bob2o6bob2o15bo
2b2o2bo31bo2b2o2bo$6b2o2b2o20bobobob2o29b2obobobo$6bo3bo20b2o3bo3bo7b
3o7b3o7bo3bo3b2o$7bo3bo22bo5b3o5bobo7bobo5b3o5bo$6b2o2b2o17b6o4bobo6b
3o7b3o6bobo4b6o116b2o5b2obo6b2obo23bo$2b2obo6b2obo12bo5b2o3b2o27b2o3b
2o5bo116bo5bob2o6bob2o23bo$2bob2o6bob2o11bobo3bo41bo3bobo114bo10b2o2b
2o4b2o20bobo$6b2o2b2o4b2o10bo5b2o3b2o27b2o3b2o5bo115b2o9bo3bo5bo22bo7b
3o3b3o$6bo3bo5bo12b6o4bobo6b3o7b3o6bobo4b6o128bo3bo5bo21bo7bobo3bobo$
7bo3bo5bo16bo5b3o5bobo7bobo5b3o5bo121b2o9b2o2b2o4b2o21bo7b3o3b3o13bo$
6b2o2b2o4b2o13b2o3bo3bo7b3o7b3o7bo3bo3b2o119bo5b2obo4bo5bo22bo29bo$2b
2obo6b2obo16bobobob2o29b2obobobo119bo6bob2o5bo5bo20bobo27bobo$2bob2o6b
ob2o15bo2b2o2bo31bo2b2o2bo118b2o3b2o8b2o4b2o21bo29bo$31b2o5bobo6bo13bo
6bobo5b2o123bo9bo5bo22bo29bo$39b2o6bo13bo6b2o126b2o4bo9bo5bo51bo$197bo
3b2o8b2o4b2o51bo$46bobo11bobo133bo6b2obo6b2obo52bobo$44b2obobo9bobob2o
131b2o5bob2o6bob2o53bo$41b2o3bobo11bobo3b2o202bo$40bob5o2b3o5b3o2b5obo
$40bo2bo3b2o2bo5bo2b2o3bo2bo$41bo3b2o2b2o7b2o2b2o3bo$38b3o5bobo11bobo
5b3o$38bo7bobo11bobo7bo$47bo13bo$250bo4bo$248b2ob4ob2o$250bo4bo15$60b
3o3b3o$60bobo3bobo$b2o3b2o4b2obo21b2o6bo14b3o3b3o14bo6b2o154b2o9b2o$b
2o3b2o4bob2o21bo6bobo35bobo6bo153bobo9bobo$16b2o11b2o3b2obo7bo7b3o17b
3o7bo7bob2o3b2o140b2o4bo11bo4b2o$b2o3b2o8bo12bo4bobo9b2obob4obo15bob4o
bob2o9bobo4bo140bobo19bobo$bobobobo9bo12b3obo11b4obo4bo15bo4bob4o11bob
3o142bo21bo$3bobo10b2o14bob2o10b4o2bo2bo17bo2bo2b4o10b2obo$2b2obo6b2ob
o35bo25bo$6b2o4bob2o26bo4bobo29bobo4bo$7bo2b2o28bobo4bo33bo4bobo$6bo3b
o27bo51bo138bo5b2o31b2o5bo$6b2o3bo22bo2bo2b4o10b2obo13bob2o10b4o2bo2bo
134b3o3b2o31b2o3b3o$7bo2b2o21bo4bob4o11bob3o9b3obo11b4obo4bo136bob3o
31b3obo$6bo5b2obo17bob4obob2o9bobo4bo7bo4bobo9b2obob4obo135bo3bo33bo3b
o$6b2o4bob2o18b3o7bo7bob2o3b2o7b2o3b2obo7bo7b3o133bo2bob2obo31bob2obo
2bo$43bobo6bo23bo6bobo142b3o3b2o33b2o3b3o$44bo6b2o23b2o6bo111b2o2b2o3b
2o2bob2o18b4obo31bob4o$197bo2b2o3b2o2b2obo17bo3b3o11b3o3b3o11b3o3bo$
196bo16b2o16b2obo2bo10bobo3bobo10bo2bob2o$196b2o2b2o3b2o7bo17bobobo11b
3o3b3o11bobobo$200bobobobo6bo17bo2b2o33b2o2bo$196b2o4bobo8b2o16bobo37b
obo$197bo3b2obo6b2o17b2obo37bob2o$196bo8b2o5bo19bob2o33b2obo$196b2o8bo
4bo20bobobo11b3o3b3o11bobobo$205bo5b2o18b2obo2bo10bobo3bobo10bo2bob2o$
196b2o7b2o2b2o19bo3b3o11b3o3b3o11b3o3bo$197bo8bo3bo20b4obo31bob4o$196b
o8bo3bo18b3o3b2o33b2o3b3o$196b2o7b2o2b2o17bo2bob2obo31bob2obo2bo$231bo
3bo33bo3bo$232bob3o31b3obo$229b3o3b2o31b2o3b3o$229bo5b2o31b2o5bo5$241b
o21bo$240bobo19bobo$240b2o4bo11bo4b2o$245bobo9bobo$246b2o9b2o!
There are two different pages for honey farm hasslers and honey farm shuttles, so I think it wouldn't be too bad to include a pre-pulsar hasslers page.
By: C.R. Hilton, currently working on another cool spaceship.

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » April 1st, 2024, 2:17 pm

Sokwe wrote:
April 1st, 2024, 7:13 am

x = 277, y = 332, rule = B3/S23
I think at the end of the day, it is up to people who maintain the pages to decide how to arrange them.

For the posted set of oscillators, a single 277-by-332 stamp collection RLE with digits in snakes feels to me like a better presentation, compared to a wiki page with embedded viewers. (There might be pattern comments added for attributions and other information about these oscillators.) But that may be just because I'm reasonably comfortable with viewing simple non-animated patterns of that size either in pop-up LifeViewer or in Golly. (Personally I don't like stamp collections that grow extremely large, though. I think multiple small stamp collections are better than one large RLE.)

If the aim is to show the same set of oscillators to LifeWiki readers without need to install Golly, then a dedicated page may work.
Unlikely events happen.