Non-notable Pages

For discussion directly related to LifeWiki.
Apersoma

Non-notable Pages

Post by Apersoma » February 2nd, 2023, 3:51 pm

I propose an idea to put pattern pages that are removed from the wiki for not being notable into a larger page for patterns like that. I have already created an example of what this page could look like for this purpose.https://conwaylife.com/wiki/Non-notable_Oscillators This is also a good compromise for when someone keeps creating a page that then gets deleted. There are exceptions though. If a pattern isn't notable becuase it is too similar to another patter then it still doesn't get put on the page becuase is would belong on the page of pattern it is similar to even if the origin pattern is on a non-notable page becuase then that original pattern is probaly notable enough for its own page. This also good for engineered patterns that aren't notable becuase they don't really have many places right now.

TLDR: Should a pages that contain a lot of non-notable patterns be created.
Idk what I want to put here so I'm putting this

muzik

Re: Non-notable Pages

Post by muzik » February 2nd, 2023, 4:11 pm

Isn't this exactly what existing list pages are there for?

confocaloid

Re: Non-notable Pages

Post by confocaloid » February 2nd, 2023, 6:11 pm

Apersoma wrote:
February 2nd, 2023, 3:51 pm
I propose an idea to put pattern pages that are removed from the wiki for not being notable into a larger page for patterns like that. I have already created an example of what this page could look like for this purpose.https://conwaylife.com/wiki/Non-notable_Oscillators
One existing alternative is to put such pages into your userspace. For example, the linked page Non-notable Oscillators could probably be moved into your userspace, to become something like User:Apersoma/Non-notable Oscillators instead.

I think the main namespace is best reserved for actual pages about things that are notable (in the sense of LifeWiki:Notability).
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.